cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eelykcir
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Home Wi-fi doesn’t work with BT mobile

I recently changed phone provider to BT Mobile, I also got a BT sim for the kids iPad.  I also have BT broadband at home.

when using the BT phone or BT sim iPad at home while connected to the home broadband via Wi-fi, doing anything online is painfully slow.  Pages simply won’t load.  So we have to disconnect the Wi-fi and use up 4G data on these devices.

however we also have a work iPad (with no sim), my work laptop, and my wife’s laptop and phone (with another provider) that all connect to the broadband and work perfectly.

If you were a sceptical person you would think that BT have done something to stop their devices from using the broadband so that you used up your data first.  Has anyone else experienced this before or have any solutions?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Wi-fi doesn’t work with BT mobile

0 Ratings
eelykcir
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Did that but still really poor on the BT devices but great on the others.

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hi @eelykcir

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry you are finding that your new iPad is slower than the rest of your devices. I can confirm that BT have not made any changes to any device fireware so that the device works slower on WiFi than on 4/3g data.

You are more than likely having problems with the wireless connection, here are a few tips to help improvie your wireless connection.

Not so long ago I was having problems with my wireless connection at home and I was able to improve the wireless connection by changing the wireless channel within the hub manager. You can get app's that will tell you which channels are the best channels to have your hub set on, it might be worth your time giving this a go.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings