Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AndreCooper
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

How To Return a Voicemail Message

Hi everyone. Newbie here. I've been using my new BT Mobile tarriff for about three months now and I'm satisfied so far.

However, Ive received a voicemail message I would like to return - the caller left no number to contact and so I was surprised when listening to the voicemail options that there was no option to return the call via voicemail. I searched around and found no quiries or literature about how to action this seemingly standard task.

Can someone give an answer to this for me please? I have no other way of contacting the person and it is important.

Thank you very much.
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: How To Return a Voicemail Message

Welcome to the forum. Returning calls to mobile phones has to be done by selecting the required number from the phone's call history or the contact. If the caller has withheld their number, leaving a message doesn't override that, nor should it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
AndreCooper
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Maybe you misunderstood my entry. When I said they left no number, I don't mean they withheld it. I mean they didn't verbally read/leave their number in the voicemail so what I want to know is can I callback a number/person who left a voicemail straight from the voicemail without searching the missed call records. I hope that's clearer. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 13

Try dialling 55 from the message.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 13

if someone cslls me and the call goes to voice mail even if they don't leave a message I get a text alerting me. it even gives their number.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
danieldearing
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Not always true!

Someone called me last week while I was out of range of the network (and had no coverage). When I came out of the shop that I was in I received an SMS message saying that I had a voicemail but THERE WAS NO CALLER's NUMBER.

I called my voicemail and listened to the (very importanat) message but the caller did not tell me her number and I was not offered any means of returning her call.

This is a fundamentally rubbish situation and falls way short of my expectations for a modern mobile telephony service EVEN if it is a "price differentiated service" such s the BT SIM only deal.

Before BT I was with EE and hed the full benefit of visual voicemail on my iPhone. I'm still using the same phone and BT uses EE to provide their mobile service so why the hell can't they just give us visual voicemail!!!

VERY POOR SHOW BT. I will be leaving as soon as my contract finishes

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 13

The number was probably withheld
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
danieldearing
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

The number was NOT withheld because she rang me back (eventually) and her number came up immediately. I asked her if she had withheld her number before and she said no

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 13

Oh well, one of those situations in life no one can explain.
0 Ratings
danieldearing
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

maybe you're right Devon_Dave.

I guess we could just carry on making random guesses though. You never know, we might get lucky one day.

Thanks for your valuable contributions.

0 Ratings