cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 1 of 7

How accurate is MY BT?

I have two new Samsung S7 - purchased and activated Friday.

Purchased from BT, BT Mobile contract, in a 4g area, Wi-fi calling activated on mobile, can make calls without SIM over Wi-fi, latest software - yet MY BT states both mobiles are not compatible for Wi-fi calling and 4g calling.

Or am I missing something?

Stew

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: How accurate is MY BT?

My understanding is that as BT are only officially supporting the S9 thus far, My BT will show the S7 as not compatible.

That doesn't mean that 4G and wifi calling won't work on your S7s, just that they don't support it. 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 7

Fair point. But as my mobile came from BT, BT would know what firmware was on the mobile? According to this announcement

Stew

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

I suppose they do, presumably they are limiting their official support to make the launch easier and go more smoothly.

If both functions are working on your S7s then My BT is almost a housekeeping issue on their part. I find things like that annoying myself, but having it working is the main objective.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 7

True.

Stew

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Hi guys. 

The connectivity part of the app for 4G and Wi-fi calling saying not compatible or no is that your sim is not in an officially supported handset from BT. 

All the sims will get an  OTA/IMS update to allow the service to work regardless of what the app or website says. If you use an un-supported handset but the firmware is compatable the sim will work but they will not guarantee the service, or offer any tech support for the handset. 

As more handsets are launched and tested more handsets will show as compatable in the my phone section or connectivity part of the app

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 7

Cheers for that. Making more sense now.

Stew

0 Ratings