cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toonheid
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

How can I remove the temp bt number from my iphone so that people receive texts from my old number?

Go to solution

I bought an unlocked iphone 7 plus - no sim - and inserted a new bt sim with its temporary number. I gave bt the pac code to keep my old number, but the temporary number is still registered as the number for the phone in my devices. Result is that my friends see texts coming from the temp number, not my old one. I have mucked about with imessage and face time, but that does not affect the number shown against my device, so it has no effect.  How do I fix this? Please help

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Andy005
Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: How can I remove the temp bt number from my iphone so that people receive texts from my old numb

Go to solution

Hi @Toonheid 

In Settings scroll down to Phone, select My Number, then edit it and Save.

0 Ratings
Toonheid
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Re: How can I remove the temp bt number from my iphone so that people receive texts from my old numb

Go to solution
Tried that again. It does not change the device phone number under Apple ID. As a result, imessage only sees old bt number. I also powered off and on after making the change.
0 Ratings
Toonheid
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution
Kind of fixed it myself! Had to turn off “find my iphone”. It then changed the number for the iphone to the new one - under devices - and showed only the new number under my apple id and not both as previously. Means I can’t use “find my iphone” feature.
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

If your calls/texts are identified as coming from your temporary number when you call/text people then that would suggest that your number has not changed. Have you restarted your phone since the number port and what number does your phone respond to, the temporary one or the one you want it to respond to ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Andy005
Expert
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

In that case you should try updating your Apple ID, although I'm fairly certain I only needed to update mine as I previously suggested.

0 Ratings
Toonheid
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
Several times.
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

what number does your phone respond to, the temporary one or the one you want it to respond to ?

0 Ratings
Toonheid
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution
Apple id does not allow me to remove the temp bt number. It only allows me to remove the number I want to keep, or my email address!
0 Ratings
Toonheid
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
My phone responds to either old or new number. I would like to be able to use find my iphone, but need to keep it switched off until I can resolve this.
0 Ratings