cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rogorton
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

How do I stop persistent, every 10 mins, spam calls from the same person, using different numbers ?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
rogorton
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

How do I stop persistent, every 10 mins, spam calls from the same person, using different numbers ?

I am getting calls on my mobile all from the same person but  from Supposedly Tonga, Samoam Somalia, Papua New Guinea,Sudan she changes her number each time and I do block eah time but it is annoying. Anybody help,.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

Re: How do I stop persistent, every 10 mins, spam calls from the same person, using different number

Hi @rogorton

It is hard when your number has hit some call list and you get random calls. Unfortunatly it is hard to manage these if they call from a bank of numbers and outside of the UK.

I would suggest you speak to the mobile chat team and see what they can suggest. It maybe a change of number maybe the only way to resolve this but see what they have to say

BT Online Chat

0 Ratings
rogorton
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Re: How do I stop persistent, every 10 mins, spam calls from the same person, using different number

Thanks Dean. I,ve been onto BT but because they are coming thru on my mobile via Whats App they can do nothing about it apart from suggesting I change my phone number but with all the other changes I would have to make I do not want o do that. Had 3 calls in the last 10 mins last one from Somalia????.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

Hi @rogorton

You failed to mention it was via what’s app. Why would you expect BT to resolve an issue with an app?  

You are best contact the app developer or change your number. 

0 Ratings
rogorton
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Sorry I made a mistake the calls were not on Whats App. as I found out after I had deleted Ahat App from myMac.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

@rogorton

As BT have said, change your number.  On instant messaging apps - switch them to only those in your contacts 

0 Ratings
rogorton
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Thank you a much more sensible answer.

0 Ratings