Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Barfly
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Huawei Google

Anyone know what the rights will be for BT customers who have signed up to a contract with a Huawei phone now Google won't be supporting it?

I know it's early days but if things go as expected we might not have access to the Play store or be able to get security updates.

Buying a device that won't function as advertised and is rendered unsellable after the contract ends is surely grounds for a replacement?
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Huawei Google

You may find that BT are covered because of the Terms and Conditions.

https://www.bt.com/terms/post11thjan2019mobile-service/

In particular Sect 20 (i) and (x)

20. What we're not responsible for and limits on our liability

i.      Any delay or failure caused by something beyond our reasonable control. This could be things such as lightning, flood, severe weather, fire, explosion, terrorist activities, epidemic, riots, war, anything done by a government or other public authority, or strikes and other industrial action. (my bold)

x.      Losses which we couldn’t have reasonably have expected or which we couldn’t have considered when entering into the agreement.

The latest on the BBC website is :

"Existing Huawei smartphone users will be able to update apps and push through security fixes, as well as update Google Play services.

But when Google launches the next version of Android later this year, it may not be available on Huawei devices".

But as you say, it is still early days. If you learn anything else please update this thread.

0 Ratings