Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BernieSharp
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

I cannot connect to any hot spots when i am outside

Hi,

I have been with BT for many months but when iam outside of home i cannot connect with any hot spots at all.I can only get on to the internet on my phone if i manage to get passwords from the shops or buildings i am in at the time.

Does anyone know why I cant connect when i am outside please.

Many thanks

Bernie

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: I cannot connect to any hot spots when i am outside

@BernieSharp wrote:

Hi,

I have been with BT for many months but when iam outside of home i cannot connect with any hot spots at all.I can only get on to the internet on my phone if i manage to get passwords from the shops or buildings i am in at the time.

Does anyone know why I cant connect when i am outside please.

Many thanks

Bernie

This page should help https://www.btwifi.co.uk/help/

You need to download the BT Wifi app.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
BernieSharp
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Many thanks indeed for your reply.

I have tried to download BT Mobile app and also BT wi fi app but it keeps saying "error please try again" and each time i try the same message comes up,will this mean i wont be able to get wi fi outside please?

Thank you

Bernie

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@BernieSharp Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @BernieSharp,

Thank you for taking my call today. I've checked your account and it's showing BT Wifi as being active. I'm sorry to hear you're having problems setting this up on your Mobile.

If you take a look at Connect using your mobile device, this will give you the instructions for setting up BT Wifi. You'll need to log in using your BT ID username and password, when you are in range of a BT Hotspot.

I understand from our conversation today that you haven't been able to use your mobile data through your phone. It would be worth while checking your phone settings to make sure this is correctly enable.

1. From the home screen, tap Apps.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap More....
  4. Tap Mobile networks.
  5. Tap Data enabled and ensure the checkbox is ticked.
  6. Tap OK.

Please give those sets a try and let me know how you get on? 

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
BernieSharp
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Hi Paddy,

Many thanks indeed for your phone call and instructions above.

Ive gone into my settings and looked at Apps.

When I found my  Mobile Networks the only words on the page are....

Data roaming

Prefered network type

Access point names

Network operators

There are no words which say Data enabled.

Any suggestions on what I can do now please??

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @BernieSharp,

If you contact the BT Mobile Chat, they'll be able to check to make sure the Mobile Data is activated correctly on your phone.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
BernieSharp
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

HI PaddyB,

Many thanks for your message.

I have tried for days to get through to BT Mobile Chat but gave in each time after a long time waiting.

However I finally got on today and spoke to  Syed,I gave him all the information and he said he is consulting the techical team.

It then said Syed has left the chat and it then said Adarshi has joined the chat so I waited.After a few minutes  it said Adarshi has left the chat.

Next thing that came up was The chat session has ended,you have been disconnected.

Its taken me days of finally getting through and then this.................

Have you any advice please which dosent mean Im stuck on my computer for ages and still getting nowhere??

Much appreciated PaddyB

0 Ratings