cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AIC2000
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

I don't understand BT's logic (other than to force customers into more of their services)

Hi

I took out a new BT Mobile sim-only contract this week with BT.

I knew they offered a signal box, but didn't know that they only offer it to customers with BT HomeBroadband (not broadband from another supplier).

I've also learnt that they only offer WiFi calling via a mobile phone - to their home phone customers only, and not BT mobile customers.

It seems to me like they have their priorities in the wrong order?

Why offer a BT Mobile signal assist box to those subscribed to BT Broadband only, and why offer Mobile WiFi calling to homephone customers only.

It's like they only want their BT Mobile customers to be BT Broadband and Homephone customers too. 😞

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisB
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: I don't understand BT's logic (other than to force customers into more of their services)

A FEMTOCELL will use the BT backhaul network. They would not want to pay to use someone elses network.

0 Ratings
AIC2000
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: I don't understand BT's logic (other than to force customers into more of their services)

No, it doesn't work like that. Vodafone and EE provide similar boxes - infact, this is 'apparently' the exact same box as is provided by EE. It runs over a broadband connection to their relevant servers, nothing to do with how you connect to them servers. It's just a shame they wish to alienate their Mobile customers by trying to force them to take on other services.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

AIC2000 wrote:

Why offer a BT Mobile signal assist box to those subscribed to BT Broadband only, and why offer Mobile WiFi calling to homephone customers only. Marketing.

It's like they only want their BT Mobile customers to be BT Broadband and Homephone customers too. A fair conclusion - see above.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

@AIC2000 wrote:

It's like they only want their BT Mobile customers to be BT Broadband and Homephone customers too. 😞

Which is fair enough, I reckon. 

0 Ratings
AIC2000
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

They don't target or make that apparent in their marketing.

They are offering features which could enhance one of their services only to customers who have contracts for unrelated services.

Seems underhanded to me.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Deryman
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

The Signal Booster is NOT available see elsewhere the trial ended....it is just as well BT Mobile is cheap otherwise I woudl have been long gone becuase we have very bad signal at home.

0 Ratings