Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
howardj81
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

IMEI Blacklist

Go to solution

Hi,

I unfortunately lost my iPhone, which was purchased direct from Apple. My insurance provider has asked me to contact BT as the ‘SIM Only’ provider to request they Blacklist the IMEI and provide usage report as proof the SIM was used with the IMEI of the phone.

The SIM has now been blocked, but the BT Mobile Customer Care representative said it looks as if since being lost the IMEI used with the SIM is different to that of my lost phone. However because of this they can’t Blacklist my phone and can only Blacklist the last registered device.   They are also unable to provide the IMEI usage data which would prove the phone had been used with the BT SIM.

Has anyone else come across this or something similar and did you manage to obtain the request data. If so who did you have to contact?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: IMEI Blacklist

Go to solution

Hi @howardj81

Sorry to hear that you lost your iPhone. First things first, if you have iCloud activated you can log into icloud.com and block the handset. 

You can also get the IMEI and Sim details by logging into your BT.Com account select mobile and the mobile account. Under handset and sim will show the details. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
howardj81
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply @Dean007, unfortunately logging onto the account only shows the last used IMEI, which is now the IMEI of the handset someone put my SIM into after ‘finding it’, not the IMEI of my lost device.  

I have blocked the phone via iCloud / Find My iPhone, however the Insurance company want the proof the device is Blacklisted formaly by the Networks as this is a central shared record between providers, Insurance companies and the police.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@howardj81

OK, well to get the IMEI of the handset log into my apple ID and click on the device..

My Apple ID

In regards to blocking a handset I think we need to ask a moderator. I will ask them to pop and have a chat, they will post a message with a link. They should be able to help or offer advice

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@howardj81 Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings