cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mohsinah
Message 1 of 7

International roaming not working

Go to solution

Went to Cyprus.  Could not use internet on my mobile.  I set up andriod phone for supposed international roaming but it didn't work.  Mobile data didn't work.  Couldn't check flight details or emails or Google maps etc.  Internet only worked when I was inside the hotel room and connected to the hotel Wii-fi internet.  But outside the hotel, the only thing I could do was make phone calls but not the internet.  I felt really let down and isolated since everything's online nowadays.  Has anyone else suffered the same lack of internet connectivity with BT mobile when in Cyprus?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: International roaming not working

Go to solution

Hi @Mohsinah

Hope it didnt spoil your trip too much, can you check to see if the roaming setting in the MyBTMobile app is set to on, and also the APN Settings on the handset are set to BT not EE.. You can check the settings here APN Settings BT Mobile -Android

0 Ratings
Mohsinah
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Dean007.  I didn't know that I had to set up an APN.  I thought I just had to switch on International Roaming.  I have a 1+Plus phone.  In the "Edit APN profile"

Name : BT Mobile Internet (I've just added this as outlined in your email)

Type:  PPTP? or L2TP/IPsec PSK? or L2TP/IPsec RSA?

Server address:  what do I enter here?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I dont have that handset so I think, the best thing would be to contact the mobile chat team on the link below..

The APN settings normally update when you put a BT sim in but I have seen others post a similar experience to you..

BT Mobile Live Chat

0 Ratings
Mohsinah
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Dean007.  I've just had a live chat with BT and they're in the process of setting up the International Roaming on my phone.  I appreciate the help.  Thanks again

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Glad you got it sorted!

Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
daveh647
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7