cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarethW
Expert
Message 1 of 7

Invitation to join family sim requesting engineer visit?

I’ve received an invite From a family member to move my sim to their family sim. 

As I’m going through accepting the invite why is step 3 asking me to book a broadband installation appointment?!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
GarethW
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Invitation to join family sim requesting engineer visit?

Only way I could progress was to book an appointment. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 7

Hi @GarethW thanks for posting and this is a strange one. Can you clear your cookies and cache and try again and also would you be able to try the order journey on a different browser and let me know how you get on?

cheers
John

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 7

Hi @GarethW thanks for the update and our posts just crossed there. When you get the acknowledgement email please check it and let me know if it mentions anything about an appointment.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 5 of 7

Sorry @JohnC2 I lost patience and just selected one of the slots for the engineer, I kinda figured that no one would turn up. 

I cancelled the order a couple of times but kept getting the engineer page. The only other thing I tried was to through the myBT page rather than the email link. 

Still waiting to see if it’s gone through. 

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 6 of 7

Well, @JohnC2 there was no mention of an engineer in either the text or emails but I have been unable to make calls or send texts since Tuesday. I can receive both, and still have mobile data. 

The MyBT page of the family member has an open order for a Nano Sim whose data of activation and delivery date change depending on what today’s date is. I presume I don’t need a new sim in any case?!

In their Account Summary, under Manage your Sims it shows my mobile number and has said ‘Invite Accepted: In Progress - This may take up to 3 hours’ since Tuesday and that ‘you can’t do anything yet because this Sim hasn’t joined your plan.’

So, I figure something has gone wrong. 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 7

Hi @GarethW sorry about that, I'd recommend that you get in touch with the BT Mobile team using the contact information on this link as it does sound like there may be an issue with the order.

0 Ratings