Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oggs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Iphone 7 Just Transferred to BT - Calls, Wifi Work But No Data

Go to solution

I have just transferred to BT from Vodafone, my old number is now working on BT for calls and I can use wifi but I cannot use data. I have looked for APN (Access Point Names) in Mobile Data but the only things that show are Voice & Data 4G and Data Roaming (which is switched off).  I have tried restarting the phone and resetting the network but it still doesn't work. Any ideas I can try please?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Iphone 7 Just Transferred to BT - Calls, Wifi Work But No Data

Go to solution

The best thing do do is to contact the Mobile Chat Team

0 Ratings
Oggs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the link Keith, I contacted them and Vishal seems to have sorted it out by downloading the file from 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49921/c/7168/?s_cid=con_FURL_setupmyphone for the iphone and then after some other checks refreshing the network. Now it seems to work Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
MobileMuncher
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem with my data not working. I've tried downloading the file from the link but it won't work. It says 'The UUID for the profile "BT Mobile Internet" is not unique'.

I'm trying to do this on my iPhone X running on iOS 11.4.

Please can you help, nothing seems to be fixing this!!!!!

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@MobileMuncher

on the iphone X, for some reason my X does this from time to time..try doing a soft restart

• Press and hold the Side button (located on the top right edge) and either Volume Button. ...
  • When "slide to power off" appears, release buttons.
  • Slide the Power switch right. ...
  • With the device powered off, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears then release.

If this fails then try resetting the network settings

• Settings
  • General
  • Reset
  • Network settings ( you will need to re-enter wifi passwords)

0 Ratings
MobileMuncher
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Dean007,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just tried the soft restart and reset my network settings, but my 4G still won't work and I'm getting the same error message when I try to download the settings using the link. I've attached a screenshot of the error message I get - I think this might be something BT needs to update.

Any help would be really apprecaited!

Preview attachment file.png

file.png
382 KB

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @MobileMuncher

one last thing to try before speaking to mobile chat is connecting your iPhone to iTunes, then click settings - general- about and see if the carrier setting update. 

Other than that you will need to speak to the mobile chat team and get them to check the account 

BT Mobile Online Chat

0 Ratings