cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stum1
Message 1 of 5

JBL Free speaker scam

Hi I'm very disappointed about this on august I placed a order for the offer of free speaker if I choose any mobile phone with contract of  atleast 12gb data, and so I did, o add on my bt package samsung s10 with 12gb data, after not receiving my speaker I opened a ticket complain with the reference *****************.

the operator told that my phone was not on the offer but this is not true at all because the offer I remember right was only about the data over 12gb nothing to do with phone, also my friend bought the same phone as I did and he received the SPEAKER!!!! absolute disgusting this is pure SCAM LIE!!!!! can someone sort out my problem and send the speaker that I should get with offer of my contract?? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: JBL Free speaker scam

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @stum1,  welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I can assure you that this is not a scam the offer for a JBL Flip speaker that ran from the 26th July to the 5th September required one of the following handsets to be ordered Samsung S9, S10e or S10+ on plans with 6GB of data and above.

The offer during that period did not include the S10 handset but it was included in a previous offer that ran from 28th June to 25th July so I can appreciate if there is some confusion but I am sorry if you did not order one of the handsets I mentioned then you wouldn't be elidgable for a free JBL speaker, sorry. 

0 Ratings
Tangerineman64
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

I am having exactly the same debate. The offer did not limit it to a model of phone. I have asked the rewards team to get evidence of the web site page from the day I ordered my Samsung A70 with 12GB data which was 5th September. I do not expect them to comply. The fact they didn't send the right amount on the reward card either, I have a screenshot of that, doesn't inspire me with any confidence they know what they are doing. I am referring to the Ombudsman and Trading Standards in the next 7 days unless they can prove I am wrong.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Tangerineman64 Did you take up the offer of Mod help from Arnie on your own thread: 

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/Free-JBL-Speaker-Gift-Refused/m-p/1976562#M16166

If you haven't yet then please get back to him and we will be happy to help you.

cheers
John

0 Ratings