Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GK351
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

JBL sound bar with Sim only contract

Go to solution

Hi

I took my BT sim only contract because JBL sound bar worth £147 was free with it.

today I received an email saying that JBL flip 4 will be with me after 30 days of my sim activation .

Why JBL flip 4 ? when It should be JBL sound bar free. I called twice before & after my sim activation . Customer care kept telling me about cooling off period but not once they confirmed that it’s JBL sound bar .  

please clarify ASAP. Or else I need to cancel my sim before it’s too late . 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: JBL sound bar with Sim only contract

Go to solution

@GK351 

As far as I am aware, the JBL Soundbar was for a broadband contracts, not mobile SIMs.

Where did you see the offer of the soundbar?

Mobile offers were for JBL headphones.

What size of SIM did you order?

Capture.JPG

Get a pair of JBL headphones with selected SIM deals

When you order a 15GB to 100GB SIM plan, you’ll get a free pair of JBL noise-cancelling headphones worth £129. Just place your SIM order and we’ll send out your headphones after your 30 day cooling off period ends. Offer ends when stock runs out.

0 Ratings
captainkirk
Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution
  • I renewed a mobile sim contract over the phone and the lady said there was an offer for a soundbar.  I didn't know anything about it before I rang and had she not of mentioned it I'd have been none the wiser so the soundbar offer would certainly seem to be related to sim contracts. 
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @GK351 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. What date was your order placed?

There was an offer for the JBL Flip 4 for orders placed between the 25th October and 21st of November then a new promotion started for a JBL soundbar from the 22nd November to 7th of December 

0 Ratings
GK351
Beginner
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Solved !!!

spoke to customer care & got confirmation that it is JBL sound bar as a freebie .

BT needs to confirm the freebie via email when customer place an order . They didn’t in my case . I had to call & confirm what’s coming & when's it coming . 

also they need to clearly specify the delivery condition of freebie which they don’t while advertising. Felt misleading .

But thanks to all who commented on my question . 
Merry Christmas to all ! 

0 Ratings
Calvinwarner
Beginner
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution
Spoiler
Hi can I get help on the issue explained here please ? 
0 Ratings
LisaAnn
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Hi, we placed our order which included an offer to receive the soundbar. That was on 26/11/19. We have heard nothing. The phone has been active for well over the cooling off period. Original salesperson who offered the deal will not respond to emails. What do we do please? We probably would not have taken the offer if the soundbar was not included. Thanks

0 Ratings
GK351
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Hello LisaAnn

Even my sound bar is still not arrived . According to their customer care agent , it might take another 20 working days after cooling off period . Simply ridiculous!!!! 
I have already informed all my friends , not to fall for these freebie offers from BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @LisaAnn welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you have not had any update on your free gift. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we will be happy to chase this up for you. @Calvinwarner when was your order placed? Post back and let me know.
Cheers
John

0 Ratings