cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan1709
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Keep my number port gone wrong!

I bought an extra sim for my daughter to use last week, it arrived no problem and after activating it I went through the process of ‘keep my number’ for her and entered the number and PAC code etc. After a day I checked online to see the progress and found that the port was replacing MY number instead of the new sim card’s number.

As the customer services were closed at the time I sent a complaint email asking to cancel the port, and then contacted them first thing the next morning to ask of the same. After being put through several customer service channels I was told that the offline team would deal with it and it should be a fixable problem, and that they would contact me ASAP; they never did, so I phoned again the next day and was told that the problem had been escalated and I would be contacted the next day; again this didn’t happen, and by this time the port had gone through. Now a few days later still waiting, without my personal number and regretting buying that sim card as I have had this number for years and DO NOT want to let it go. 

I would like to know where I stand with this now that the port has gone through. Is it still possible to reverse it and do BT still have my number? 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Keep my number port gone wrong!

Hi @Ryan1709

Sorry to hear of the issues you have had. I’ve asked a moderator to come and help. They are the only people here would be able to help in this instance. 

They will post here asking you to contact them via a special link. Please check back later  for their post. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Ryan1709
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Ok thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Hi @Ryan1709

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the mix up porting the number across.  I know that you got the extra SIM for your Daughter so I'm not too sure what happened which resulted in the port replacing your number instead Smiley Frustrated

Send us over the details and we'll check what happened.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Ryan1709
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Hi Robbie, I sent all the details earlier today. Have yoh had a chance to take a look yet?

0 Ratings
Ryan1709
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Sorry, Robbie not Mark 😬

0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 7 of 12

@Ryan1709

Now they have your details they will get to them asap.  Usually it has to wait to get to the top of a queue, but I am sure one of the Moderators will let you know. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Ryan1709
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Thanks. Certainly hope so, the level of urgency on the matter has been shocking so far. I haven’t had the chance to speak to anyone  in the relevant department that can deal with the matter and just keep getting told I will get a call. In the meantime i’m in limbo.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 12

@Ryan1709

You are in good hands with the moderation team but they do deal with lots of things so they do work in order of the cases dropping and they are fairly busy at the moment. But they will get to you as soon as they can. And they will be a one stop shop at trying to get it resolved for you. 

Ryan1709
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Still nothing on here? I’ve contacted customer services this morning, still haven’t got a chance to speak to anyone in the role of fixing the issue but was assured that the plan is to replace the new sim with the number I’ve lost and then sort the plans out afterwards. Hopefully this get’s done soon.

0 Ratings