cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Keeping old mobile number

My wife and I have old mobiles, not smartphones.  We have just bought smartphones with BT SIM only and wish to keep our old numbers if possible.  We are not up to date with the technology and are confused.  Our account, on the BT site, is giving us the option to keep our old numbers.  The sims in our old phones will not fit the new iPhones.

Does this matter?  Will BT move our old numbers to the new sims they have sent us?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Keeping old mobile number

@grandpa 

Yes, once you get your SIM cards, during activation, you should be able to keep your numbers, provided they were BT Mobile numbers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I'm afraid they were not BT old numbers, one was O2 and the other EE.  Does this mean we cannot keep the old numbers?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@grandpa wrote:

I'm afraid they were not BT old numbers, one was O2 and the other EE.  Does this mean we cannot keep the old numbers?

You would need to request a PAC number from each provider, which would then be requested by BT Mobile.

See https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switchi...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Hi @grandpa, welcome back to the community forum.  Check out this link can I keep my number it explains the process you need to follow to transfer your mobile numbers over to your new BT sim.