cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosy351
Message 1 of 6

Lack of BT mobile signal - no service

No service on my iphone. Turned phone off and on and still no signal. Got wifi in the house and the landline is fine, but  no mobile service. Any ideas as the BT page suggests we should have excellent service.  12 noon 16/06/2018

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lack of BT mobile signal - no service

Hi @Rosy351

Please try the following link and see if you live in an area that is suffering from a network outage or problems with the local mast..

BT/EE Network Checker

Highlighted
Rosy351
Message 3 of 6

Hi Dean

Thanks for the email. I tried the website and it shows problems in our area for up to the next 16 hours.   

What I find frustrating is that I went onto our BT account and when accessing the mobile tab, it shows no problems in our area!   

Hope it's up and running soon!!!

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

@Rosy351

You should be able to give an email address or text and they send you updates if the fault will take longer or when it is resolved.

The upto 16 hours is a standard response it may resolve sooner, but in the event it takes longer at least you can check in the meantime see if you can set your handset to 2/3G it may pick up a signal from another mast so at least you get some reception.

If your mobile is an iPhone or one of the supported devices you can also use Wifi calling

0 Ratings
Rosy351
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for the update. The signal was back around 6 pm for a short time and now it has gone again. Is there some compensation for the lack of service?

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Rosy351

my advice would be to note the outage with the mobile chat team. Wait until the service is fully restored as it may take more time and then ask those sort of questions again with the mobile chat team. 

BT Mobile Online Chat