cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkyBlues
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Leaving BT broadband will I still keep the £5 discount on Sim Contracts?

Hello guys I'm leaving BT Broadband as I'm moving house and can only get BT Standard Copper broadband where I'm moving too. I have a Sim Only contract however currently with BT with 9 months remaining. Will I continue to recieve the £5 discount on that as when I signed up I had BT Broadband?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Leaving BT broadband will I still keep the £5 discount on Sim Contracts?

No, you will lose the discount. As you are still in a BT broadband contract then you will have to pay any cancellation charges and a broadband disconnection charge.

Your post here https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-the-Box/BT-Infinity-amp-BT-Sport-One-Free-on-Sky-Box/m-p/175...

says that you just renewed your contract, so its going to cost a lot of money if you do not move your BT service.

There is nothing wrong with normal ADSL BT broadband provided you can get a speed of 2Mb or better.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Keith_Beddoe wrote:

There is nothing wrong with normal ADSL BT broadband provided you can get a speed of 2Mb or better.

I'd endorse that. I upgraded to Infinity some years ago to ensure best performance with BTTV in HD and several internet users. Now we're back to two without BTTV, there's no noticeable diference between 18Mb on ADSL and 40-odd now. I would happily revert.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

You don't have to leave BT Broadband - you can just change your package from Infinity to ADSL.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

I get consistent throughput with my 10Mb ADSL, with no slowdown during peak periods. This is due to the fact that the equipment in the exchange has full access to the BT Wholesale network, and is not constricted by a limited shared optical fibre connection to a street cabinet.

Any value added parts of your BT service that cannot be provided at your new house, you would no be held to contract for. You would revert to standard BT broadband with the charges adjusted to match.

That would be much cheaper than paying large cancellation fees, and you would keep your mobile discount.

Only if BT cannot provide any form of broadband service at your new house, or are not allowed to provide service, like in Hull, would you be allowed to cancel without penalty.

0 Ratings