cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Length of ring before going to voicemail

Go to solution

Hi. The length of ring before going to voicemail isn't often long enough to be able to answer the call. Is there a way of extending the length of time the phone rings before going to voicemail. I went on the Samsung forum and they say it's a network setting.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: Length of ring before going to voicemail

Go to solution
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you so much for this link. Was going crazy trying to work out how to do this - now all sorted thanks to your post!

This is what worked for me on BT MOBILE network (info taken from James' post in the thread of that link).

You need to set the length of time in seconds, rather than the number of rings.

1) On your dialling keypad enter *#67*11# and press the green dial button.

2) Make a note of the +44... (call forwarding) phone number that is then stated on screen.

3) Then dial as follows:-

*61*[enter the +44 phone number]*11*[enter number of seconds]# and press the green dial button. 
IMPORTANT:
Must include the actual "+" symbol in the sequence, as in "+44..." rather than just "44..."
On the virtual dialling pad the "+" plus symbol is just under the zero. Press "0" for a few seconds to change it to "+".

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Regret the procedure above responds with confirmation MMI complete but fails to switch from 20 to 30 rings (and possibly anything else). Phone disconnected to wifi and restarted before re-testing. 

in addition…

*#61*321*321**30# shows call forwarding when no reply after 20 seconds.

Spoke to very helpful BT mobile helpdesk who confirmed this code is  inoperative and functionality through EE network does not include option to alter number of rings. I find 20 rings insufficient to answer unless holding the mobile phone. Lost two important calls today from a no reply NHS phone number which left no messages.

It would be a useful future development for provider BT mobile. I don’t want to change to EE just for this option, but 20 second ring tine a problem for me.