cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Looks like I'm going to regret moving to BT

Just signed up for BT broadband and a mobile sim (I left BT years ago cause it was **** service)

Have I made a mistake. 

Just received a mail this morning

Hello,

You've been getting a monthly discount on BT Mobile because you or someone in your household has BT broadband. As we're ending that broadband service, we're removing your £5.00 discount in 30 days' time.

At the moment, you're on the £10.0 price plan. We'll move you to the £15.00 price plan on 11 Nov 2016 and automatically start charging you the new amount.

If you'd like to keep getting a discount, you'll need to order BT broadband. Please call us on 0800 800 150 to find out more.

WTF - How hard is it for a large company to have processes that work. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO CHASE THIS **bleep** UP. 

Can someone answer me why I should have to waste my time chasing this **bleep** up. ???

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Looks like I'm going to regret moving to BT

Had the broadband already been activated? If not then its just the mobile part of the process finding out that there is no broadband yet. That should fix itself within the next 30 days. Either that, or the broadband order has been automatically cancelled for some reason. If its an Infinity order, then maybe there is no capacity left?

Try the  Order Live Chat Team if you need clarification.

Many of the order processes run  asynchronously, so its quite possible for the mobile order to be running ahead of the broadband, hence the misleading message.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I can understand that. AM I the first ever person this has happened to ? Should that information not be included in the email.

Why do I have to WASTE MY TIME to chase this up to find this out. If its not sorted out in the next day or 2 i'm off. BT have had their 2nd chance and it looks like theyre blowing it.  

LET ME REPEAT. I should not have to waste hours of my time dealing with this **bleep**. It should be semaless. If its not I should be emailed with list of issues that are on going- not get vague mails that just confuse.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

"Many of the order processes run asynchronously, so its quite possible for the mobile order to be running ahead of the broadband, hence the misleading message."

That is in no way a reasonable excuse for this happening. You apply for all these services on the one BT portal. The customer doesnt care how they are procesed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Remember, this is only a customer to customer forum, but I do know that other people get similar misleading e-mails, but things turn out just fine.

Is your broadband order still on track?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

No. Apparently its been cancelled. I have no idea why. I have been on the chat and passed 3 times to different team. I have spoken to someone who have disconnected twice. Its a f****G joke.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

"only a customer to customer forum," so there no point posting here then if you can't do anything, is that right ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

@joebhoy wrote:

"only a customer to customer forum," so there no point posting here then if you can't do anything, is that right ?

It is possible to get help from BT here, however there is about a five working day delay before one of the BT moderators could look at it. By that time, its most likely sorted itself out.

The order live chat link I gave you would be quicker. Order Live Chat Team

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

OK, after speaking to 4th person - seems BT made a mistake due to some engineer issue. So thanks for that BT just F****G magic. Guess who has to spend a load of time trying to sort it out.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Not long after the last post i was contacted by BT moderator DavidM I believe. He said he would call be back 5th November when he thought it would be fine. Its now the 9th. I checked the BT web portal and it lists an order for broadband as being cancelled. I cannot quite grasp the incompetence of BT. I'm actuall specchless that it could be quite possibly worse than vodafone, and that takes some doing.
0 Ratings