Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vlk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

MB refuses to connect to my home WI-Fi

Go to solution

Connected fine a few weeks ago. Now I just get Connection failure including FON connection failure. My wife's phone connects. I can connect at my son's house who also uses BT. I have done a hard reset on the phone. Input the wireless key numerous times. 'Forgot' all networks. Switched off the hub. Logged into the hub and changed the security to 'WAP' and reset the password. All other devices reconnect with the same key. It's a Vodaphone Smart Ultra 6, but VF  say that they can do nothing. BT insist that it's a phone fault - but it connects fine at my son's house. Any ideas please? The phone is only 9 months old and connects fine to 4G, at a cost. BT Hub is '3' 

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 24

Re: MB refuses to connect to my home WI-Fi

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum. Did you try a hard reset of the hub (using a paper clip on the recessed button near the rear right edge for at least 15 seconds)?  This will revert to factory settings and override any changes you've made.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
vlk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

I have, but get the same result.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

Pending more technical advice, a shot in the dark might be to change the SSID. If it doesn't help, you can change it back again for the convenience of other users.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
vlk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

I had previously changed it to WPA only, but following your suggestion I just tried again using WEP - still won't connect!

0 Ratings
vlk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution
I misunderstood. Not sure how you change the SSID
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

In the Wireless tab in the hub's Advanced Settings. There's a demo here.

I'm not a technical expert but it seems there's something about your hub that the phone doesn't like, so it's worth trying everything.

--
0 Ratings
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

"MB"?

0 Ratings
vlk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution
It was just my shorthand for mobile
0 Ratings
vlk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

No joy, the name change made no difference. Before I made the name change, I was able to connect to one of the FON hotspots that's in range, presumably provided by one of my neighbours. It does seem like a problem with my hub. When I try to connect to my wi-fi, and to what I assume is the FON provided by my router, I get a connection for about half a second before it reverts to 4G. It seems that my system is giving priority to the 4G network.

Thanks for the suggestion.   

0 Ratings