Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisb05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

MMS settings

Go to solution

Hoping that someone can help me locate the correct settings for my Nokia Lumia 930 (Windows) phone.

I am on a BT SIM only plan and as far as I can determine I should be able to receive pictures within messages - MMS. I have no interest in sending MMS messages.

I have followed the "guidance" in the "setting up my phone" section, but that is about as much help as a chocolate teapot, it's all very well advising me to enter the correct MMSC but it doesn't tell me what that is!

Much of the help I have found in this forum is Android related and there doesn't seem much available for Windows users. The fields I need the correct information for are as below - with the entries currently showing also. Obviously one, or all of these entries are wrong so please can someone suggest what they might be,

APN - btmobile.bt.com (currently)

Username - bt (currently)

Password - bt (currently)

Authentication Type - PAP (currently)

WAP gateway (URL) - 149:254:201:135 (currently)

WAP gateway port - 8080 (currently)

MMSC (URL) - http://MMS/ (currently)

MMSC port - 8080 (currently)

Maximum MMS size  - 30720 (currently)

IP type - IPv4 (currently)

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: MMS settings

Go to solution

@chrisb05 I'm sorry to see you're having problems setting up MMS. This link Windows phone MMS has the settings you need to enter on your handset to get MMS set up. 

If these don't help you can Chat with the Mobile support team on this contact link. Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
chrisb05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Many thanks for the prompt response but I am still ahving problems.

1. For the "maximum message size" you suggest I enter 307200 , i.e 307 thousand and two hundred. I cannot enter this many charcters, it will only let me enter 30720, i.e 30 thousand, seven hundred and twenty. Is this a fult with my phone (or witrh the instructions?)

2. It still doesn't work, I am trying to receive a photo that is only 236Kb.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@chrisb05 I'm sorry about the delay replying. Can you try putting in 1024 in the message size section? If that doesn't work you'll need to contact the helpdesk on the link I mentioned.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
chrisb05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Neil, thanks for the response, sadly it didn't work!

I wasted 40 minutes of my life in a webchat to someone from BT yesterday evening but I am no further forward. I am not too sure that the guy himself knew what he was doing as he kept saying that he would txt me settings then said he couldn't. He referred me to the setup pages for the Lumia 930 but when I told him I'd already been there we suddenly lost connection! Not a very satisfactory outcome from what is supposed to be a leading communications company.

I was hoping that someone on the forums would know what settings I should input but sadly it is not to be, but many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@chrisb05 I'm sorry this hasn't be fixed when you contacted the live chat team. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll get this looked into. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
pogeoff
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Like Chris I spent 40 minutes on the telephone in a fruitless attempt to find out how to receive mms. The staff are polite just not very well informed. First I was told I should get a smart phone (I have one) then maybe it was not compatible (it runs Windows 8.1) then they would send all the details.

I do not know if I got all the details but the ones I did are ineffective.

I am telling contacts not to waste their time as I am on BT which is OK for calls but no good for anything complicated like pictures

0 Ratings
BillWood
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I can't send MMS messages from my Samsung galaxy S5 active. My data settings etc. look the same as on other posts.

0 Ratings
craigals
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I used to be able to send MMS settings on my Nokia Lumia 535 windows phone 8.1, however I am now unable to send MMS and the access point does not work as it tells me the settings only work on on earlier versions of windows. how do I get this working again?

0 Ratings