cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcfc4heatons
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Maritime Data Packages While Cruising Out AT Sea ??

Go to solution

Do BT Mobile have a maritime package for using data while out at sea? I have a lot of data incldued so when the ship dock, as we'll be Europe (Italy, Croatia, Monetenegro etc) I'll be fine using my included allowance, but I know it works differently once your at sea and maritime data isn't including ion your data allowance as I understand it?

Advice please 🙂

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Maritime Data Packages While Cruising Out AT Sea ??

Go to solution

Hi @mcfc4heatons welcome to the community and thanks for posting, no sorry there are no data roaming plans offered for use when on a cruise.  If the ship has a wifi service it may be worth looking into as it would be much cheaper than using data on your mobile.   

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
mcfc4heatons
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks, and presumably you can buy bolt on data packages for countries not in the EU? We stop at Montenegro for the day and I notcied Montenegro is NOT on the EU, so glad I checked now 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@mcfc4heatons no problem,  there is a BT Mobile Data pass add on for some countries outside of the EU but unfortunately Montenegro doesn't appear to be included.  

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Iangla
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

If you couldn't abide with tourist wifi in Montenegro you will be able to get a cheap SIM when you arrive.  its often cheaper than  buying roaming for your current package. have a google and see if any of the local operators do a tourist sim, I'd expect there will be a good market for them if they are outside the EU roaming area.

0 Ratings