cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trulys25
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Merging two BT accounts

I spoke with a BT advisor on the telephone on 16 September who advised me my two BT accounts cannot be merged because our landline/broadband account is in my husband's name and my BT mobile account is in my name.  I have checked 'My BT' under 'settings' and the account holder, however, is shown as myself for both accounts. 

The adviser stated that we could always cancel the account in my husband's name and re-open one in mine but, as we are under contract, this would incur cancellation charges so is not an option.  In the end I decided to leave it.

However, on searching this issue online, I see someone else had the same problem and managed to sort it out.

Is there any chance my BT mobile account can be merged with my landline/broadband account?

All login/My BT info is in my name and all account management is done by myself.

Appreciate any help on this matter.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Merging two BT accounts

Hi @trulys25

Thanks for posting. I think there may have been some confusion..

The account holder is the person who opened the BT account and applied for services. They would have had the credit checks put against their name, and the online/MYBT is where anyone can register and apply their account against a BT ID to manage it online. Regardless of who manages the online side of things, only the account holder can make changes to an account.

That said, lets ask a moderator if this can be done.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Merging two BT accounts

Hi @trulys25 sorry you were unable to get this resolved when you previously called in.

We will be happy to look into this further with you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John