cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Migrate to EE

Hello 

I was just on a chat with bt re upgrading my TV package. At the end of the chat, the agent advised the following...

While im here its worth mentioning that we are also in the process of migrating all our mobile customers over to EE. We deal with most of this for you too we'd just need to go through a couple of bits.

I would like to know whether anything will change with the service when the mobile is moved to EE. For instance will wi-fi calling still be available, but also will I be billed by EE rather than bt?

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Migrate to EE

Hi @Rjf87 

Wifi  and 4G calling will be available, as will Visual Voicemail if you have an iPhone. BT moved me to EE last year but only because the handset that I wanted was only available through EE, so I'm billed by EE and the transfer was you'd expect for switching networks. I don't know what will happen but if BT are migrating customers to EE then one would assume that you would be billed by EE. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 22

It’s not really a service migration in the typical sense. 

All BT customers aren’t being automatically moved over to EE (which can be more expensive). They’ve limited the handsets available on BT-M and are aggressively promoting the move to EE. When you move you’re subject to a new credit check and new T&C. You do have the option to stay with BT-M and renew but they have maybe 4 handsets all budget/low end.

BT are good for SIMO and you get 5G as standard, 4G and WiFi calling/SMS.

I pay £25 for 100 GB data (which is uplifted to unlimited data and I get £5 off a month as I have BT Halo on a 24 month contract. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

They aren’t moving all mobile customers to EE. That’s just for the advisor to have commission. I’ve phoned a few times for various things. Some say it’s rubbish but the ones that say it’s true. Guess what, they push the hard sell. BT better be careful with wrong info. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

I phoned up end of Feb' to re-contract the most basic package, bband, basic BTtv & basic mobile. Was told that all mobiles were being switched to EE and all together would be Slightly cheaper! Would all be sorted for me.

Sent an EE SIM next day, did the "keep my No." thing and thought that was it. Following month got email from EE to pay my bill "but its part of my BT contract?" No you need to set up a DD with EE..... "oh, OK".

With BT's price increase latest BT bill = previous bills & EE bill's on top of that....

Why am I not surprised? 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 22

I finally moved from BT-M to EE just over a week ago and cut my bill from £20 to £14. Previously getting unlimited data and now getting 200GB. Not too much of an issue as my usage on that line is very low. 

There’s no combined billing at the moment so I have 2 direct debits set up one for broadband and the other with EE.

It has made the mobile line cheaper, although my broadband went up by around £5 so it kinda offset that. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Same thing happened to me when renewing my BT broadband contract.  Advisor migrated me to EE for my mobile SIM and said I didn't need to do anything - he would do it all.  I've now received a SIM from EE which I haven't put in my phone.  Do I need to, or do I just carry on with my BT SIM, but pay EE separately?  Just had my first in advance bill from EE.    More expensive than my BT mobile SIM contract.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

The only downside (in my opinion) to leaving BT Mobile for EE is the loss of roam like home.

with EE you’ll either pay £2 per day, or you can buy a monthly pass for £10, to use your allowances when roaming in Europe 

Message 9 of 22

Check the offer to move to EE carefully.You don’t have to move if The EE deal does not match  or better your current BT contract and you are happy to retain your existing SIM

Message 10 of 22

Probably a bit late now, but I would not migrate to EE.

Last week I contacted BT as my broadand accoutn was coming to an end with them. I have (had) broadband, landline, basic TV and four family sims with BT. SAs was told that BT are moving all their customers over to EE so would I like to do this now. Didn't see any reason not to as was led to believe this would not change the charges or the data allowances we had. I got sent 4 new EE sims, and was told after calling BT, that the numbers would port over to EE easily and it did not matter which sim went into which phone.

I put one in my own phone, and it didn't appear to be working. I called BT and they said that one of the four numbers would be ported across on the 17th November and the other3 on the 12th December, which seemed frankly weird. Called EE and they said, just put them in your phones and the numbers will automatically be ported over. 

On the 17th my son's phone, with its BT sim, stooped connecting, so we put in an EE sim, and waited for the number to port over. It didn't that day.

On the 18th my daughter texted to say her phone has stopped connecting, so gave her an EE sim.

Meanwhile, my son's phone had ported over, but not his number but my daughter's number. So, if I called her, his phone would ring. If he called me, her number came up on my phone. Easily solved, swap the sims, but she's not here at the momnent, so that will have to wait. 

Meanwhile, I now find out that I have to set up a separate direct debut for the modiles to EE, and then discover that EE charge £2 per day roaming - which was free on our BT sims. None of this was made clear when I was ageeing to have these sims moved over. 

I got back to BT and complained that this was somethig I had not agreee to. After discussing this with a customer services person, and them talking to EE, I have been told that we will not be charged roaming charges on our EE sims, but I wll believe that when I see it on my EE account. 

All in all this has been a significant inconvenience, and one that has now got me thinking about moving to another providor for the whole package, braodband, landline, TV and sims. The broadband is ok, but Virgin cble offer much better speeds. Prior to this, it was more a matter of not wanting the inconvenience of moving providers, but I think it is time to reconsider. 

0 Ratings