cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Migrating from EE to BT before my contract with EE is up

Go to solution

So I am aware that EE and BT are more or less one of the same now(it's obvious when I heard about BT buying EE and now BT offer mobiles/tablets etc).

I am wondering if BT are doing any kind of scheme where those with EE can basically make a straight move over to BT where it isn't like ending your service with one provider and starting all over again with a new provider? Specifically before their contract is up.

I am using a very beat up old phone right now that's dying a death after having to sell the original(high end) handset I received when I started this contract with EE, and now I have had a good look at the phones and plans BT offer, I've seen one I'm particularly interested in.

Thank you in advance!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Migrating from EE to BT before my contract with EE is up

Go to solution

although BT group  now own EE just like Plusnet they are all treated as separate companies within the group

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Ahhh I see.

So I'd have to set up a new contract with BT, and then as I am still within contract with EE, ride that one out until it ends and then just cancel with EE?

That means I would be paying for 2 contracts each month and I've been there before for reasons and don't want to again.

I think I'll wait and see if I can get a cheap handset that's newer than the one I currently have!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @gemmajenkins0208 yes that's correct. If you wanted a BT Mobile handset you'd have to take out a new contract with BT but this wouldn't cancel or replace the current contract that you have with EE as we operate as separate companies.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Aww that's a bit of a bummer but thank you so much for your help!

0 Ratings