cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Mobile Data not coming through abroad

Hello

I am having difficulty trying to use a data connection abroad in Cyprus. 

I can get a signal perfectly fine but I get no data icon even though I have followed the correct process to add the APN details manually. 

I have tried the ones on the BT help page (the ee APN) as well as the old BT mobile APN but nothing appears. 

I already activated international calling and roaming within my BT and my android phone. Also rebooted the phone many times. 

Can anyone shed any light on this. Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mobile Data not coming through abroad

did you also set a spend limit above nil

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hello yes I've set that already. 

I've managed to get it working after selecting the local network manually but weirdly it located me in Turkey first and then got another saying I was in Cyprus

Hopefully won't charge me. 

Appreciate your help thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

if it shows Turkey then you will get charged  are you in north Cyprus?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Nope not in Northern part but I did get a text after saying I was in Cyprus so I will just keep an eye on my allowance thanks

0 Ratings