cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Mobile Number Ported to BT Unable to Send Texts, Make Calls and Use Data

Go to solution

I have just added my kids onto a BT Family Sim Plan . Their numbers were ported from Asda Mobile. My son's number is working fine but my daughter cannot  make calls, send texts or use data. It worked at first but was not showing her usage on MyBT app and sometimes it showed her temporary number instead of the ported  number. I was trying to get this sorted with customer services when suddenly she could no longer use her phone for calls, texts and data. BT are supposed to be dealing with this. The number ported on 11 June and was working until we noticed on 21 June she could no longer use it. She can receive calls and texts. It is being dealt with by the 'bridging team' but they do not update me and customer services cannot deal with this type of issue. Has anybody else experienced this problem and how long did it take to resolve? I am uneasy about my daughter not having the use of her phone when she is out and about.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Mobile Porting Issue Not Getting Resolved

Go to solution

Further to my post yesterday my daughter still cannot use her mobile for texts, calls and data after the number ported on 11 June.  Things worked at first but MyBT wasn't showing her usage and was sometimes showing her temporary number.  Then on 21 June she could not use the phone for anything.  I reported this the same day and the guy from BT was supposed to call this morning to update me but didn't so I have just called BT to escalate the complaint. Three days for a school girl not to have use of her mobile is not a good situation. I have now been told they will try and have it sorted in 24-48 hours. Nobody is updating me with what the problem is and I feel like I am just being fobbed off every time I call.  

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Mobile Porting Issue Not Getting Resolved

Go to solution

Hi @JAG1,

I am sorry to hear that your daughters mobile phone has a fault.

The BT Mobile team are the best people to help you with this. If you raised an escalation today, they should be giving you updates to let you know what will happen next. They should also let you know what happens next with our Customer Complaints Code of Practice.

Thanks

DanielS

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi DanielS

Thank you for your reply. After escalating the complaint it now appears to have been sorted.  Nobody has contacted me though. 

I'm just relieved my daughter can now keep in touch with me and track her usage on MyBT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@JAG1 wrote:

Hi DanielS

Thank you for your reply. After escalating the complaint it now appears to have been sorted.  Nobody has contacted me though. 

I'm just relieved my daughter can now keep in touch with me and track her usage on MyBT.

Hi @JAG1 

Thanks for posting back!

I'm really pleased to see your complaint is sorted now.  You can expect a follow up call from my colleagues dealing to make sure that you are happy before they close things off from their side.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings