I've come here to report the same issue unfortunately
Like the OP, I wanted to add a third sim to my family plan as my wife got a new phone for Xmas. The idea was to then move her existing number from EE to BT which she wasn't keen on doing as she was worried about losing her old number, but I assured her it would be ok. In that time she used two devices, one for incoming calls on her old phone while using the new phone to make outgoing calls with BT
Weds 27th Dec - Phoned at 3.15pm with the PAC code - was told that unfortunately I had missed the 3pm deadline to have it ported over the next day. Was also told that unfortunately the porting team were not working that Friday so I would have to wait until after the weekend and bank holiday as well, and that the number would be moved on Tues 2nd Jan
2nd Jan - no movement although the old number stopped working meaning she could not receive any incoming calls from people on her old number which is important for her work. The 'track my order' suggested the move had happened but it hadn't
3rd Jan - still no movement, phone call to BT was told there had been an issue moving numbers from EE to BT and work was happening to resolve this, a similar text then came through confirming this
4th Jan - still nothing, another phone call to BT - was told that all the numbers were having to be moved manually by the offshore team in India, but advisor could not give a timescale.
5th Jan - Still nothing today. Have also checked the 'my package' area of 'My BT' - there seems to be no sign of either old or new number or any mention of a third sim!!
Decided to come to this forum, as have seen various stories before of people waiting weeks and in some cases being told their old numbers are no longer available to them, although ultimately every case I've read on this particular forum ends well and speedily.
So please can my case be looked at too if I can send the details through to a mod link if possible? I'd like to nip it in the bud as my wife needs her number active as soon as possible - in her eyes, she has already been waiting since 27th Dec and I'm currently in line to be for the high jump for recommending BT!! Seriously though, I'm concerned that no timescale has been given, that the post above suggests 9000 numbers involved, and the advice given to me about it being a manual process means it could take ages. She really cannot afford to be kept waiting too long - sure there are many others in the same boat too.
Please can this be looked into for me too?
Hi @Roseywhu and thanks for posting.
I'm sure we can help you with this as well. Please drop me over an email with the details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.
|Did you get the help you needed?|
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
|Show your appreciation!|
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
|Help guide to using the community? Click below|
|Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You|
Just had another text now saying 'there is a system problem delaying the number move, we are urgently progressing this to complete by 8th January'.
Don't know if this is in relation to any intervention from here, or if this is a timescale being quoted to all involved.
Just thought I'd post the update anyhow!!
I have two transfers open and therfore got 2 texts, so i think its sort of automated.
In the meantime i have purchased PAYG cards and top up for my sons so at least they have something to use
My daughter (with a working phone) has received the same texts with the same message (3 messages which im assuming is related to the fact we have 3 sims with this issue). The date is being quoted as the 8th. Ive also received an email:
This is a follow up email.
I'm sorry to say this but as per the update from our technical team the issue still persists and we're still working this on priority and once there's an update on this I'll let you know.
Lets hope that progress is being made, at least the communication seems to be starting to flow - that in itself is progress, lets keep this up BT!