Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maffc
Beginner
Message 21 of 33

Re: Mobile Porting Problems

Go to solution

One of the two of mine has been confirmed as working, the other is currently untested due to user being at work and the sim at home

0 Ratings
John17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 33

Go to solution

Hi

I had a text message sent to my landline this morning and in summary the message is saying that the problem should be sorted by the end of Monday. Fingers crossed.

Regards

John

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 33

Go to solution

Hi @Jasco,

Thanks for taking my call today. I'm glad this is sorted. We'll try to find out what went wrong here and will let you guys know as soon as we get an answer.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
John17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 33

Go to solution

HI

Yesterday evening my wife, daughter and myself each received texts from BT stating "weve moved your number", i received 3 seperate emails as well saying the same thing. We can now call and text which is great.

However im not sure we are out of the woods yet. All 3 of our phones, when we look at "my number" shows the new number attached to the new sims - not the numbers we wanted ported over. When we call each other the old (correct) numbers appear on the recipients phones which is great- but our own phones seem to have not updated yet?

Also, in the BT App it is showing me as having 7 sims.  1 of the sims is fine, this belongs to my eldest daughter and this was the sim that transferred seamlessly a few weeks ago.

So, ignoring the sim which is fine, i have 3 sims which are the new numbers attached to the 3 new sims (the numbers we did not want to keep) and 3 numbers which are the numbers we wanted to keep. I am now concerned how i am going to be billed/charged for these sims - in as much as i hope i am not!

In summary we can all make and received calls and texts, our telephone numbers we want to keep all appear on each others phones when we call  however our own phones show the new sim number and i have a family sim package with 7 sims and it should only be 4. Please can i get some further assistance/support on this?

I have switched my phone on/off several times hoping this would trigger an update - and it has not.

Regards

John

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 33

Go to solution

Hi @John17

I can see the Mobile team are still working on this for you and have penciled in a callback for tomorrow.

I've added the notes from this forum post to the case so they can know whats happening on your side before your call tomorrow.

Hope this helps.

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
John17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 33

Go to solution

Perfect - Thank You Stuart

0 Ratings
John17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 33

Go to solution

Hi

Just for further info, when texting a friend last night its actually the new telephone number that appears on his phone - strange then that my old number (the one i want to keep) appears on my wife and daughters phone?

Regards

John

0 Ratings
John17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 33

Go to solution

Hi

Ive yet to have anyone phone me on this today. I have checked the BT website under "Track orders" and they are all now showing "complete". I can also see that, as far as the website goes, i have only 4 sims and they are all the correct numbers.

However my phone, in the "my number" part of the phone, is still showiing the new number - not the old number i want to keep. Also, the app, on my phone, is still showing me with an account with 7 sims - not the 4 as shown on the website.

The app is in confilct with the website. the website is showing "complete" and yet i still cannot see the original telephone number in my phone. Is there anyone still looking at this or is it now considered "complete" and therefore no-one is looking at it? All i need now is to get "my number" within my phone to show the correct number and thus make sure that the correct number appears on all of my contacts - as of yesterday people were receiving texts from me with my new sim number and not the number i wanted ported across.

I hope this makes sense

Regards

John

0 Ratings
John17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 33

Go to solution

Hi

Still no-one has called. I have received an email from BT stating that the number has ported across and everything should be ok. I still had an issue with the new number appearing in the "my number" in our phones, ive actually figured out how to solve this myself. I simply found that (i have an iphone by the way) if you go into settings, phone and where it says "my number" click on the right arrow and you can simply delete the displayed number and type in the correct number. You then have to switch the phone off then on and hey presto - its all back to normal. Ive even texted a friend and he has confirmed that my old number is appearing as it should!

i have noticed another user on the community with the same issue, i have responded with the same information, hopefully this will help.

However, still 1 more issue in that in my BT App on my phone i am still showing 7 sims and not 4 and i have repsonded with this same message on the email i have had sent to me from BT. If i could fix this then i am back to normal - what a work up to simply port a number across.

Regards

John

0 Ratings
John17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 33

Go to solution

Hi

I had a call from BT on Saturday making sure everything was ok. I said that i had fixed the issue myself with respect to the "my number issue" but still had the problem with the App on my phone showing 7 Sims and the "My Account" area online was showing only 4. It has been left that i am being assured i will not be charged for 7 sims. I will now mark this as "solved"

John

0 Ratings