Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Mobile abroad

Go to solution

Hello I have arrived in Greece and received no messages for using any networks here. I have searched all the forums and 'help' sites for fixes but none of them work. I can't even get hold of a customer support person online despite messaging on twitter and trying to use the website. I'm unable to call them because I have no phone signal.... I've read so many appalling reviews online of bts customer service and of many people unable to use their phones abroad and bt have been unwilling to fix them. Can anybody help or know of any other fixes? It's going to be very difficult without my phone whilst I'm abroad and am only able to use wi-fi when available. Thanks, James 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Mobile abroad

Go to solution

Greece is included ' roam as like home. Did you ensure you had activated using mobile abroad and set a spending limit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I have spending limit of £40. I have received no messages at all about connecting to any services and when I try they are all blocked. I cannot find any information about turning roaming on on my account. All settings on my phone are turned on for roaming.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

You need to go to MYBT to check your mobile settings and ensure international calls are permitted.  Is the £40 limit not just for uk calls?  Again you can check in MYBT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I've been looking for that section for hours now I can't find anywhere on mybt that has options for permitting international calls!  Do you mind giving me the exact location of the options? Many thanks for replying!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

If you go to MyBT products then mobiles and then scroll down the option you need is just below the monthly spend cap

58664C4C-68D3-495B-8C19-7409EE7BFB70.png

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Omg thank you dazman! For some reason this doesn't show on the mobile website. I had to change to the desktop page. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Still doesn't appear to be working. Will wait till end of the day to see if anything changes. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

It worked thank you everyone!

Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Jampowly,

Thank you for posting back to let us know.

PaddyB

0 Ratings