cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
revy32
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Mobile contract & BT sport

Hi, I recently upgraded my mobile contract and it came with free bt sport but when I try and login on the app it says I need to activate my account. I did online chat with someone yesterday and they said they'd activated my account but the app still says I need to activate it.
What do I need to do to get this working please?
Also when I look at my son settings it says no 4g or WiFi calling, I have a Nokia 7 plus, how do I set up the calling settings as nothing seems to change on the app to get this set up.
Thanks
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: Mobile contract & BT sport

If your BT mobile plan comes with 6GB data or more you can order the free BT Sport mobile app at www.bt.com/sportonthego

Once the order completes you will be able to login and watch it on your Android or ios device.

0 Ratings
revy32
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

I have a 20gb mobile contract.
It says "We're sorry, we can't process your order at the moment"
It seems that upgrading was easy but to get the free bt sport is very difficult, nothing about it in my email I had from bt.
Very disappointed that it's not easier than this.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 4 of 13

When did you make the changes and did you change anything else on your package ? I would guess there is an open order on your account that hasn't closed yet, most orders close the following working day, so if you did it Friday the order should close on Monday, which would allow you to order the sport on Tuesday.

If on Tuesday you still get that error, post back here and we can see about having a moderator take a look, only the mods are BT employees.

0 Ratings
revy32
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Ok, think it was yesterday.
It would have been good if BT let's you have all the details when upgrading, and gives you all the links to get things working.
Is the free bt sport for a year like the phone contract?
Thanks
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 6 of 13

It's free as long as your BT mobile has 6GB data or more, it remains free when you're out of contract as well.

0 Ratings
NextGenG
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

When it says you need to activate your account,you have set up a BT I’d haven’t you?You need this to log in to the app.

0 Ratings
revy32
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Yes, I have a bt id but it keeps saying I need to activate bt sports on my account then it says click here to activate. I click the link then login the it says Your BT ID is correct but you don't have BT Sport on your account. I keep going around in circles.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 9 of 13

The OP has a BT ID, you can't order it without one, we've ruled that out already.

On Tuesday it can be ordered, that error means there is an open order, which has been confirmed as the changes were made yesterday, right now there is nothing to activate and It won't need activated, it'll work once ordered and that order completes.

0 Ratings
revy32
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

I just think it's poor communication from BT, they offer the incentive but don't tell you how to get it or anything about making it work.
0 Ratings