cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Mobile contract ending

Go to solution

Good afternoon

We currently subscribe to the BT Family Plan for our two mobiles. We have 4gb which is doubled to 8gb as we also have broadband.

The current price is £23.81 less £5.00 discount due to our using BT's broadband, so £18.81. We have no problem with that as we use very little, if any, data.

We have received a letter from BT telling us we will be switched to the Standard out of contract price of £23.81. Does this mean the £5 discount is ending?

Surprisingly, on the reverse of the letter is our choice of offers (just the one which confuses me):

Based on your current mobile plan: BT Mobile 4GB Family SIM 5G Plan
£8.00 / month for 12 months

• BT Halo benefit: double data bosst to 8gb
  • This price is for one SIM - log in to add up to 4 additional SIMs and save on each of them
  • Flexible plans - add or remove SIMs monthly to suit your family's needs

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? £23.81 less £5 = £18.81

Potential new plan £8 a month for one SIM, suggesting that my wife's SIM will be less than £8.

I cannot for the life of me see that BT are offering us a reduced price!!!! The only difference I can see is our existing, soon to expire plan, is 4g and the offer above is 5g.

I am unable to call the mobile support team as I am deaf.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mobile contract ending

Go to solution

OK, so, understandably, the above post is confusing.

I am paying £23.81 for 2 Family SIMs less £5 discount for having BT's broadband, so £18.81 with 4gb data and 4g

I can see if I start again, I can have the 2 Family SIMs for £19 a month less £5, so £14 a month with 8gb for each SIM, both 4g and 5g enabled.

Since I am unable to phone due to extreme hard-of-hearing, how can I switch this? I am concerned that I may end up with both the current and the new arrangement should I progress it which would be the likely outcome should I try and do it all online.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mobile contract ending

Go to solution

OK, sorted by going to MyBT, mobile, options. A tad more expensive but 4g and 5g for what it's worth and much more data. 

Such is the cost of being deaf where one has a limited choice of possibilities.

One thing that irks me is some even call renewal support and NEGOTIATE a new deal. Of course, that is impossible for me.

Have a good weekend all.

0 Ratings