Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
comcab1
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Mobile data allowance

Go to solution

I am going to france for at least Two months will  my monthly allowance top it self up whilst roaming. On 15 gig DATA Plan

Thanks

Spoiler

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Mobile data allowance

Go to solution

Your billing date stays the same and this is when the new allowance starts

You can read more about Roam Like Home as long as you are not away for more than 4 months things should be fine!

0 Ratings
comcab1
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank You

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

The information on the page linked to  refers to the 1st June but whichever year?

One further question, does it include calls to UK mobiles when both are roaming e.g. my BT mobile to an O2 mobile which are both in France?

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

That link is the latest published information.

I think if you have specific questions regarding your needs and your account to speak to the mobile chat team to confirm your account is all set up for roaming and any account questions.

It wouldnt be wise for anyone to give this type of advice without checking credit limits, allowances or restrictions that maybe active on your account. In the past the mobile accepting a call whilst roaming abroad would accept the international part of the call as the person calling would'nt know where in the world you were at the time of call. I am not sure how this works now with each netowrk offering different roaming deals.

0 Ratings
George0205
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Hi there,

The new EU laws on the surface seem a little confusing, but they can be broken down.

If you are calling a UK number from the UK or within a Roam Like Home partner then it will use your normal minute allowances.
If you call an EU number from within the UK, you will be charged for an international call charge (varies per country number). If you call an EU number from within a Roam Like Home partner then it will come out of your normal minute allowances.
Answering calls from any number within the UK or EU are now free.

For example: I call my Spanish friend on their Spanish mobile number from the UK and I am charged £0.90 a minute. If I call the same number from any EU country (France, for example) then I am not charged anything extra, but the minutes are deducted from my remaining allowance for the month.

Of course, if you are calling an American (for example) number then it will charge you whether you are in the UK or EU (same price) or higher from different parts of the world (varies).

Hope this helps!
0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks George that makes it clearer.

0 Ratings