Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mccoy6403
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Mobile handset upgrade

Go to solution
Hi, I'm only 12 months into a 24 month mobile contract with an iPhone 6s but now my phone won't keep its charge. I was wondering is there anyway I can add a new handset iPhone to my contract or would I have to buy handset outright.? Thanks
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
-Richie-
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Mobile handset upgrade

Go to solution

You would need to take 2nd handset contract on, paying for 2 plans or cease your original and pay the early termination charges.
Have you thought about contacting Apple instead ? they provide really good support if you have a store near you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@-Richie- wrote:

You would need to take 2nd handset contract on, paying for 2 plans or cease your original and pay the early termination charges.
Have you thought about contacting Apple instead ? they provide really good support if you have a store near you.

Try calling  BT Mobile Sales on  0800 917 0510.
They should be able to advise. (they are a bit more accommodating than other help departments Smiley Indifferent).

If it's a sim only contract, that you have, Iphone 6 batteries can be replaced by Apple at a reduced rate -- look on the Apple website. The problem, as you imply, is that you are without a phone while it is being serviced.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@-Richie- wrote:

Sorry @-Richie-, @Mccoy6403, I've replied to the wrong post...Wondered why things froze up for a minute...you must have been posting.....

A lot depends on whether you are on sim only, or a pay monthly contract.
You could confirm things by phone BT Sales, though. After all, the phone is defective within the contract period, and they should advise.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

If it's a 24 month contract then the handset was provided by BT, Sim only offers from BT are only ever 12 months.

BT provide handset support for 12 months, after that any support would be through Apple.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@-Richie- wrote:

If it's a 24 month contract then the handset was provided by BT, Sim only offers from BT are only ever 12 months.

BT provide handset support for 12 months, after that any support would be through Apple.

Agreed.
I'm on BT sim only.

Still may be worth contacting BT though.....or buying a cheap handset and transferring the sim, if it fits.

From memory it's about 10 days turnaround from our local Apple agent.

I keep my old BT handset on a payg arrangement, (not BT). 

0 Ratings