cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Mobile phone deal poor

I  have a mobile phone deal with my broadband which gives me £5 reduction, so I pay £5 per month instead of £10.  However, I only get 500Mb of data, 200 minutes and unlimited texts.  Quite frankly I do not think I am getting a reduction at all.  For £10 elsewhere I can get 4 Gig, unlimited calls and unlimited texts.   Plusnet which is part of BT you get 5.5gig unlimited calls and texts for £9.50.  I am being scammed by BT again.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10

Re: Mobile phone deal poor

Logon to MyBt and check your offers, there's often something waiting there that you haven't been made aware of

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 10

This is a customer to customer forum mainly & quite frankly I don't see how it's a scam if it's the package you agreed to. The best advice I could give is to call on 0800 800 150 & ask for the value team to see what they could do for you as you may find out they might be able to give you a better deal

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 10

It's not exactly a scam but more buyers remorse. You can leave when your contract ends..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

the better deals have been there before you agreed your BT deal why not take one of them  some are actually monthly deal so you can move when a better deal comes up

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

It's not the best deal going but you are getting a discount of 5 pounds and I don't believe you are getting scammed(an illegal plan to obtain money by deception). Are you in a long contract? I would ring them and see if you can get a better deal.

I'm on a  BT family plan 12mth contract 2 sims, 4gb data unlimited mins and text for 14.40 a month and a happy bunny.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

I believe that I am always scammed by BT.  I never seem to be offered the good prices that others enjoy.  

There is very little apart from FON to recommend BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

I do not see it as remorse.  I see it as a BT con.  What I am getting is perhaps worth £5 but it certainly in not a discounted £10 deal.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 10

BT have a mobile retention team, call them and ask what they can offer, ring 150 free from your BT mobile or landline or 0800 800 152.
I'd also recommend trying online though, I renewed mine that way and a good a good deal for my needs, It might also be worth looking at BT Plus deals, you'll get double data as part of the plus benefits.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Have you followed any of the advice given here?

One thing is for sure, if you don't ask you don't get

0 Ratings