cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Mobile poor signal

Has there been an issue with mobile signal strength, as mine and family members signal has dropped to just one bar

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Mobile poor signal

Use the EE checker & click on Check Status to see if there are known local issues.

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

Also check if your phones support WiFi Calling.

Message 3 of 10

The link just keeps you going round and round in circles with error messages:- "you haven't entered this, that or other".

I'm with BT Mobile. Coverage is well, er, OK,  locally on the mobile. O2 is better (very good) ....it's still pot luck with mobile signals!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@Ribblelancswrote:

The link just keeps you going round and round in circles with error messages:- "you haven't entered this, that or other".

I'm with BT Mobile. Coverage is well, er, OK,  locally on the mobile. O2 is better (very good) ....it's still pot luck with mobile signals!

We are with BT too. No problem with the link provided. Try another browser?

Screenshot 2022-02-22 115149.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Just checked the link also & working fine. You need to enter a device as well as postcode.

1.jpg

Ironically I apparently have an issue, but I'd never have noticed as I get next to no service anyway at home.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Yes, agreed,  the link works very well, after some patience...I'm using Windows 11 Edge, which is a good browser.
Signal is predicted as excellent, indoors and outdoors, (shows 4 bars) but only 2 bars shown on iPhone 8 plus. 

House faces West/East. Signal good at 3 bars at back, and 2 bars at front, (but open the front door and 3 bars).
Must be the energy saving UV filtering coating on the windows!😄. This reminds me of Railways, some years ago, where some compartments had filtering in the glass to stop mobile users from disturbing others.

And as for the EE backup device if/when Broadband signal drops....it sits at 2 bars, mostly, at 103db, which is declared as "good".

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@Ribblelancs 

IIRC, all iPhones are supported by BT's WiFi Calling, so that's likely a better option than the femtocell device.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Sorry, I was referring to Hybrid Connect.

If the broadband fails then Hybrid Connect takes over....if the mobile signal is there, with sufficient strength....not always the case.

Message 9 of 10

I get very poor signal. I did not have a problem with my previous provider O2. I have been told it would cost me £125 to exit my BT contact, so I'm stuck with them for over a year. The poor signal may be because I live and work in south Lincolnshire, which is probably not their priority area.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

I understand your frustration, I am in London and the signal strength is absolutely poor. I get one bar 2 on a good day. Service is rubbish, I will definitely be moving when my contract ends.
0 Ratings