Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juliang
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Monthly Spendeing CAP

Go to solution

Manage your spend

Don't get stung by nasty surprise bills as all BT Mobile plans come with a monthly spend cap

I note that BT include this feature. Could I have some more detail. And in particular how does this apply if a phone is used fraudulently if a phone is used after being lost of stolen?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 7

Re: Monthly Spendeing CAP

Go to solution

Hi Juliang,

Thanks for the post.  

I have tracked down some more information, please click on this link Learn about BT Mobile monthly spend caps.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
juliang
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks - most helpful/

I may be wrong but I think some of the mobile networks have agreed to put a limit on the size of the bill that can occur when a phone is lost or stolen.  In the the notes it does not explicitly incluede a statement to this effect.

Theat was a feature I was hoping to gain when I next switched mobile providers.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi juliang,

Our main aim, if a phone is reported lost or stolen, would be to bar the SIM to prevent unauthorised usage on the SIM card.

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

will be BT mobile join other providers and limit to £100?

http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2015/03/23/uk-mobile-operators-will-limit-bills-from-stolen-phones-to-1...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
juliang
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

thanks - that is the specific question I wanted to put

0 Ratings
Kerloch
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I have been looking for an explicit statement on the BT website telling me exactly how the monthly spending cap works, particulalry if my phone is stolen.   I cannot find one.   The new £100 liability cap to which the leading network providers have signed up will be activated as long as the phone is reported lost or stolen within 24 hours of going missing.  If I join BT mobile and my phone or my sim card is stolen and I do not notice that it has been stolen and do not inform BT, what is my maximum liability?  Will it be limited to my monthly spending cap?  What happens to the phone/sim card when the spending cap is reached?  Does it stop working?

0 Ratings