cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Motorola G7 Power

I have had a Moto G7 Power since July 2019 and the wi fi speed is terrible. Even with a signal strength of -35dBm the speed is 5 or 6 Mbs. Everything else connected to my Virgin hub 3 isshowing speeds of 70 to 80 Mbs. On the Bt web page the spec shows it can accept 5Ghz wireless but it can only accept 2.4Ghz.  What are my options?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Motorola G7 Power

I've just Googled this and it appears that Motorola say it has 5ghz support but it doesn't actually work very well, if at all. Seems to vary depending on the specs of the individual phone and which country you are in.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply Nigel.   The UK version of the phone doesn't support 5Ghz.  Looking through the moto forums poor wireless speed is a well known problem with this phone. Really not fit for purpose and I am sorry that I went for this model,

Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 6

The German version is the same and some people in America are reporting the same issue. Seems like Motorola have issued ageneric product guide that doesn't cover localised differences which is a bit **bleep** on their part

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Yes its not good from Motorola. Problems with wi fi have been known since the phone was launched but rather than fix the issue they have brought out a new model the G8.  Still showing on bt website as accepting 802.11a which I think is 5Hz.  I wonder what BT will do about this for people with this phone

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 6

I'd imagine that they'd have to take it up with Motorola if enough people complained. 

0 Ratings