Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomMcK1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Move sons BT mobile from his ex partners BT account to my BT account

Go to solution

Hello

My sons BT mobile is still on his ex partners account. I would like to move it to my BT account. All parties are agreed on this however I can’t seem to find how to do that. I have broadband and landline but not mobile.  I have read other posts where the mod has done something similar. Any help greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Tom

8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Move sons BT mobile from his ex partners BT account to my BT account

Go to solution

Have you tried phoning CS 150 for assistance. Mods normally get involved once you have tried the normal customer service route as CS should be able to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
TomMcK1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, no I hadn’t as I’ve read a few on here that said they had to go further so wasn’t feeling confident that they would be able to help. I’ll get him to speak to his ex to see if they can call and if it doesn’t work out I’ll come back on here. Thanks

TomMcK1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

This was solved well.

I called customer service with my sons ex partner and I. We both gave permission for the move after validating who we were and it was completed that day. Thank you 

0 Ratings
Panderson101
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Good to see that you got this resolved. We have a very similar problem and we’re told it wasn’t possible. Did you just call the normal customer services number?

0 Ratings
TomMcK1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, yes we called through 151 I think it is on the mobile. It was a person in Wales and they were great. We had the people who were changed the numbers from one account to the other there and they don’t identification then went ahead and moved the number from one acc to the other by acc. Took about 20 mins. I think it was the account and billing dept I went through to. Good luck and I hope you can get it done as easily as we did.

Panderson101
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks. That is really helpful. We will give it another go and hopefully have more luck this time. It will be really useful to be able to quote your experience if we get told it isn’t possible.

0 Ratings
TomMcK1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Absolutely and good luck. If you get a no again I’d post on here to get a moderator to look at it as it can be done. 

DuxburyD
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

We've just done it today by ringing 150 and then the option for mobile, we had our son on my mobile waiting in the background to answer any questions. After about 15 minutes things where sorted and the customer service assistant was very helpful (his name was Luke). He said he would send my son a new sim card and his old number would be ready on that.

0 Ratings