cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Missmegans
Beginner
Message 1 of 65

Move to BT Mobile. Poor signal!

I recently moved to BT mobile as the deals they were offering were pretty good, plus it was sim only which meant I got to keep my phone too. I checked my coverage before getting into a contract, and according to the coverage check on the website, I would have excellent cover from home. This is not the case, I have little to no signal at home and no one can ever get hold of me now, I'm missing important calls and shifts at work because no one can reach me. I'm so upset about this as I've now entered into a contract and I can never use it! I've tried calling to speak to someone (obviously to do this I have to go out of my house and a few hundred yards up the street to even make a call) but am not getting anywhere. Has anyone else had this problem and was is resolved??
Tags (1)
64 REPLIES 64
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 65

Re: Move to BT Mobile. Poor signal!

Welcome to this customer to customer forum. @Missmegans

Did you use this coverage checker page https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/mobile/4g-coverage-checker/

Look for 2G coverage, that is for phone calls.

Do you have a landline phone as well?

0 Ratings
Missmegans
Beginner
Message 3 of 65

I did yes, I checked beforehand to ensure I would have good signal as I work from home a lot too so would need good signal. All was well so I went ahead with the contract.

I don't currently have a landline.
0 Ratings
Missmegans
Beginner
Message 4 of 65

I have also changed the settings on my phone to just 2G and I still get no signal
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 65

There could be an issue with the local mobile phone site.

Have you checked the service status page, use your mobile number and select mobile issues?

https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

If you cannot find anything, The best thing do do is to contact the Mobile Chat Team and see if they are aware of any local issues.

You do have a 14 day cooling off period, if you change your mind.

0 Ratings
Missmegans
Beginner
Message 6 of 65

I just had a look and checked everything and all seemed to be fine. No issues reported in the area, it has been this way for around a month (since I got the simcard) so I really do think it is a signal issue rather than a temporary technical fault.

I did ask a BT advisor if it could be because I live in a flat rather than a house but they said this wouldn't cause issues.

Either way, I am at a loss and not sure what else I can do. I am in a contract now but find it unfair to pay each month when I never have signal unless I leave my home.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 65

Did you report the poor signal issue at the start of your contract?

0 Ratings
Missmegans
Beginner
Message 8 of 65

I did yes, and was told I had come through to the wrong department and they would get someone from mobile department to give me a call. I waited and never received a call. I have just spoken to someone from the chat and have been told there is nothing that can be done, they can't fix signal issues as the line is owned by EE. I asked if there was some form of signal booster I could use and was told there isn't. So now I feel I am stuck, too far into the contract to cancel and I can't even use it at all.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 65

Hi @Missmegans,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have with your signal strength.

I can't promise anything but I'd like to take a look into it for you to see if there's anything that we can do. To reach us, click on my user name and then on contact the mods. Make sure you change the view to Full view if you have it on Mobile view or you won't see the link. Once you complete that it'll send us a trouble ticket. We'll then get back to you within 2-3 working days.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
aerodrum
Message 10 of 65

I've been with BT mobile for over 2 years, absolutely no signal in the house, only on the roof and even there only one or two dots! I live in the middle of the country, what a disgusting shame. My wife has o2 with 4 bars of signal! Also 3G only for data with BT.
0 Ratings