cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 65

Re: Move to BT Mobile. Poor signal!

I think he’s trying to explain how cell sites work! Allocations of active calls and how cells pass calls to other cells.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 65

@Dean007 wrote:
I think he’s trying to explain how cell sites work! Allocations of active calls and how cells pass calls to other cells.

That is correct as far as I am aware, as its quite a few years since BT Cellnet, but I doubt that things have changed very much, there are just more providers now, and more cell sites.

Perhaps somebody who currently works on the mobile network may like to update things. From what I remember, its often the same maintenance engineer who covers all the cell sites owned by operators in an area, who use the same equipment.

0 Ratings
MrBelter
Expert
Message 33 of 65

I was on One2One, T-Mobile, T-Mobile/Orange, EE and was always more than happy with the coverage in my location but EE became too pricey and i moved to other providers. The EE PAYG SIM was simply to see if the 2G/3G was still the same and it was, 4G wasnt really a thing when i left but to see i could get 4G indoors was an extra, albeit going to be unused bonus. Setting my phone to 2G only and then 3G only provided me with a medium to strong signal and if that means i can get texts and calls then i am more than happy.

As i said i live in the sticks, i cant see peak time congestion being a problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 65

@MrBelter wrote:

As i said i live in the sticks, i cant see peak time congestion being a problem.

Less slots available, and possible no alternative cell site, so when children and others arrive home and use up all the local slots, you are going to get isues whichever provider you use.

There used to be an online map where you could see the location of cell sites.

This may be it https://www.mastdata.com/

0 Ratings
MrBelter
Expert
Message 35 of 65

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@MrBelter wrote:

Less slots available, and possible no alternative cell site, so when children and others arrive home and use up all the local slots, you are going to get isues whichever provider you use.

There used to be an online map where you could see the location of cell sites.

This may be it https://www.mastdata.com/

Wow you are a negative Nelly aren’t you, most people would have said good thinking mate, at least you now know you have a fighting chance but oh no not on the BT forum where it will be over analysed enough to make checking the signal look like a bad thing lol

On Three i spend 40% of the time with no signal whatsoever when at home because there are only 2 usable cell sites. EE has 7 nearer to me than either of the Three sites. One2One in 1995 had a better signal in my house than what Three has now.

0 Ratings
liverpool1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 65

All

ever since BT has had the signal issue in the last  few weeks I have not had any signal whatsover outside the house and now definately not inside the house. Driving around St Albans, herts the signal on my iphone never gets above two bars. I was up in Keswick, Lake District yesterday, they have better signal than St Albans. How can this be when out in the stick?

BT have done something to their transmitters whist trying to upgrade and as a result have made the signal worse.

Thats the result for paying a high price for champions leagure football etc..... 

Customer satisfaction going down the pan I am afraid.

have to see out this family sim contract and bye bye BT.

At least EE has wifi calling

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 37 of 65

Liverpool1, the mast are managed by EE and there are various reason why single strength varies. First of all check to see if any of the cells near you have any issues here.

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

You may also want to have a chat with the mobile team and at least get them to log your complaint. See if there is anything they can do
0 Ratings
liverpool1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 65

Thanks Dean007

just checked via the link and no reported problems. Have now logged it with BT and see what they say.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 39 of 65

No worries. See what happens if you have no luck come back and ask the mods to look at it for you.
0 Ratings
jayteepix
Beginner
Message 40 of 65

Just joined so not sure if the mobile signal booster box has been mentioned.

I tried to get one today from BT but was told their trial has ended and none are available.

EE also have them and I understand they supply them (under duress) when pushed. Since BT owns and uses EE network seems odd that BT can't meet this obvious demand.

I just may take this opportunity to move my entire package elsewhere (BBand phone inc)

Jamie

0 Ratings