Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 51 of 65

Re: Move to BT Mobile. Poor signal!

Hi @Max2

Sorry to hear you have poor coverage. Have you got a handset that is able  to use Wi-fi or 4G calling. 

0 Ratings
jayteepix
Beginner
Message 52 of 65

Yes bear in mind I can use BT anytime calls to phone out however I need to receive calls on my mobile - I have WiFi but rarely get a 2G signal in most parts of the house let alone 4G. I can’t just stay in some uncomfortable part of the house in case I get a call. Hence the change of mobile provider.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 53 of 65

@jayteepix

Wi-fi calling allows incoming and outgoing calls and text. But appreciate not all homes can get a 4G signal. 

0 Ratings
Max2
Beginner
Message 54 of 65

I have an iPhone 5 with WiFi and 4G depending on where I am

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 55 of 65

@Max2

Unfortunalty Wi-fi calling is only available on iPhones 5s and above. And VoLTE (or 4G calling as BT call it)  from an iPhone 6. 

As Apple have stopped supporting the new updates for iOS on iPhone 5, if you are looking to change handsets at any point look at ones that support Wi-fi calling. 

0 Ratings
Max2
Beginner
Message 56 of 65

Thanks for your reply, I will be looking to move back to O2 when my contract ends as the lack of signal is apauling. Having checked online how service is supposed to be in my area before signing up...i basically  don't have a mobile phone when at home.

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 57 of 65

@Max2

Unfortunately the coverage maps are a guide on all networks, I’ve got an EE mast almost on my door step but still no signal indoors. If you know o2 will work for your then stay with them. 

Why don’t you contact BT and see if you can get out of your contract early. 

0 Ratings
liverpool1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 58 of 65

Hi Everyone,

BT has now migrated my SIM to 4G calling now so its available now. check your settings and you may be surprised. It has solved alot of my problems. However, my BT router doesnt seem to handle the wireless now and staretd to affect the BT sport and resets everynow and again on its own.

0 Ratings
liverpool1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 59 of 65

I meant wi-fi calling
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 60 of 65

Smiley Happy

you were correct tho! The migration is for both Wi-fi and 4G calling. 

0 Ratings