cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davepearce37a1
Beginner
Message 61 of 65

Re: Move to BT Mobile. Poor signal!

Hi yes I am the same! I don’t seem to be having the same dropped call issues since Wi-Fi calling but do have constant issues with terrible internet speed even though I am on fibre ( to the box) I have 2 broadband lines into my property so that I have a dedicated service for us in the main house and a second line that services all the other rooms for our guests as we are a B&B.
I am waiting patiently for Virgin to cover my road.
Even though I would much prefer to stay with BT.
0 Ratings
davepearce37a1
Beginner
Message 62 of 65

Hi it has solved all of my dropped call issues and seem to be getting a fairly good and stable 4G signal throughout my home, however the broadband speed is another story, I even have 2 lines coming into my property 1 for my personal use and credit card machine etc and the other is for my guests as we are a B&B. Been told we have fibre to the box and I get the fastest speed possible because from the box to my property is .8 of a mile away Mmm. I’m not sure as friends are even further away but get a much faster speed. I pay over £150 per month for my BT including 2 mobiles and 2 internet lines.
I am just patiently waiting for Virgin to lay it’s cable to my home, even though I would much prefer to stay with BT as there customer services are great.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 63 of 65

HI @davepearce37a1

Glad to hear wifi calling is working for you.. wifi calling shouldnt be having any affect on your broadband speed.

However, in regards to your other comments..

As you may know there are many reason why you get the broadband speed you do.. It could be the cabinet you are on is suffering congestions or its full, most of the time its the indirect distance a line runs to a property. It could be down to the quality of the line, or it could be down to internal wires and extensions. The people further away, could be connected to an alternative cabinet, have a new line to their home with errors, they may have a not have as many extensions or their hub maybe newer..

To check the speed and connection..

On the home hub (192.168.1.254), advanced settings, Technical Log-  then log in..

On the information tab you will see a few things but look at the Maximum data Rate (this is the maximum your line can support from the cabinet).  The data rate is the sync rate of your hub, and finally Latency type...

Also do a broadband and perfomance test  from the home hub page, this will check the speed to your connection, it will also check your line. Check it against what BT say your speeds should be around Broadband Checker if you feel your speeds are under what they should be contact BT Broadband Faults.

Virgin on the box seems, but as ex virgin customer make sure you are aware of their Broadband Traffic Policy that runs from 6pm-11pm daily

0 Ratings
mtbshaggie
Message 64 of 65

I get the exact same problem. Ive had to take out another contract to use for work as im missing customers calling me and there for loosing money. And its no use calling them. I did that, and for first 10 minutes they just sat there saying, i cant believe you dont get signal on our network. (Even though they investigated it for ages and got back to me saying its there fault and theres nothing they can do to make it better) I tried to cancel and after a 25 minute phone call. (20 minutes of that was him being silent waiting for me to hang up so i cant cancel). Then i was told i would have to pay for the rest of the contract, even though they cant provide the service i was told i would get. Then he said send us your handset then we can test to make sure its as they sent it to me, although i was in a SIM ONLY contract. Avoid BT Mobile.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 65 of 65

Hi @mtbshaggie

Thanks for posting your comments..

The coverage map is a guide rather than an exact science so it can be often hit and miss and you wont be able to ecver really tell how good coverage will be until you have a sim. The Coverage map is unable to take into account what a structure is made from so that can often lead to dissapointment. As BT Mobile is an MVNO it runs on the back of EE's network so additional cell locations is down to them in most instances. All networks unfortunatly have black spots when it comes to coverage, and getting new mast put up can be sometimes tricky due to planning in the area. Non of this helps you, but it seems your experience with the contact centre was not a great experience and feedback on the forums does get passed back to the relevant teams.

BT Mobile offer a 30 day money back policy, so I would advise people to cancel as soon as possible if coverage doesnt live up to expectations going past this point could show that you were happy with the service level when you joined.

Normally if you are in mid contract and wish to leave early, you would be expected to pay part of the monthly charge. 

Im afraid nothing much can be done when a customer has poor coverage other than recommend wifi calling when you have access to a wifi network unless a new mast is planned, but If you are still have problems trying to cancel or would like to know what charges would be involved, I can ask a moderator to pop and have a chat with you..

0 Ratings