cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Move to EE ?

Go to solution

I am seeing & seems like a push to EE as less & less options on BT mobile, so I wonder if my assumptions & questions can be answered as not clear anywhere. 

• it does seem EE is more expensive but is not clear when clicking link to buy how to apply the discount as a BT BB customer ( or does this happen at checkout ) ?
  • and if on BT mobile with ‘BT sport’, I assume need to be added as smart add on at extra cost ( yet is included on £15+ sims ) ?
  • Then there is ‘BT mobile’ data fastest speed - when on EE  ( essential plan ) - is this fastest 4G / 5G speed or capped ?
  • BT mobile still includes EU roaming but not EE ?
  • With BT BB Halo & BT mobile - if any BB outage then BT mobile set to unlimited data - is this the same if move to EE ?
  • then,
    • is Wi-Fi calling & VoLTE included
    • is Visual Voicemail enabled ?
    • is Personal hotspot enabled ?
    • can I get an esim ?
    • is MMS msgs part of package 

thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6

Re: Move to EE ?

Go to solution

I don't know the answer to all of your questions but below is some:

• BT mobile still includes EU roaming but not EE: Oddly, Yes, at the moment.
  • With BT BB Halo & BT mobile - if any BB outage then BT mobile set to unlimited data - is this the same if move to EE: I’m pretty sure this is a no, only BT-M is mentioned. 
  • then,
    • is Wi-Fi calling & VoLTE included: Yes
    • is Visual Voicemail enabled: Yes on iPhone 
    • is Personal hotspot enabled: Yes
    • can I get an esim: Yes via the My EE app
    • is MMS msgs part of package: Not unless explicitly stated, unlimited messages generally refers to SMS only.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi - thank you - this is very helpful - I just need to know about any speed caps - as on BT Mobile is on ‘fastest’ and is really great - I get fantastic speeds. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

It looks like they have removed any reference to speed limits on the EE shop.

A long while ago they had capped speeds on certain 4G tariffs but since 5G they appear to have dropped off.

I've got a EE sim which I took out 2-3 months ago only unlimited data (no handset) and managed 395Mbps a few weeks ago.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi - thanks - and I also cannot find any details of a cap - so should be fine - on BT mobile I had speeds of 416 & 398 on 5G & 237 on 4G So very happy ( hence my concern regarding EE before switching ). Incidentally had 465 with Three but I find BT Mobile more consistent with high speeds where Three peaks slightly higher but not  constantly. Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

If you order online you have 14 days to test the SIM before you port your BT mobile number over to the EE line.