cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Moving Contacts over from HTC 620 handset to Huawei Y550 (Android)

Go to solution

I am waiting for my old BT Mobile phone number to transfer over for the new BT Mobile service using a new phone but I'm having difficulty copying the Contacts across.

On the HTC620, I sync'd my Contacts, Calendar with Outlook on a PC but I can't get them on to the new Huawei Y550 phone which uses the Android OS.  I did what the guidance suggested (BT Mobile site and Y550 User Guide also on BT site) but the old HTC620 larger SIM card doesn't fit in the new phone (micro-Sim slot) and allow me to copy the Contacts across.  If I try and put the new SIM in the HTC620 (using the card adaptor), I get a message saying phone is locked (as they're on different networks, I assume).  I have also tried importing the contacts by setting up a Bluetooth connection between the phones and that seems to fail.  The Windows Mobile Device Center software (WMDC) doesn't work with the Android system so I can't download the Contacts from there.  Any suggestions please?  At present both phones are working but I am porting my number across at present so I will lose the HTC 620 use on Thursday (14th May).  Any suggestions please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving Contacts over from HTC 620 handset to Huawei Y550 (Android)

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum.

Create a folder on the desktop of your PC [label it contacts].

Export your contacts from either Outlook or your phone to that folder, saving them as CSV [comma seperated values].

Having created a google account which you will need for android, import those contacts from that folder into your g mail account.

When you switch phones, ensure that your google account is set to sync, and your contacts should appear on your new phone.

Any problems, come back and we'll try again. Smiley Wink

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Yes, thanks very much for your help.  I did set up a gmail account when I got the new phone.  Your solution worked fine and has saved me a lot of manual effort of entering Contact details which I was worrying about.  As for ongoing sync'ing of my Huawei Y550 with my calendar (and new contacts of course), I don't really want to have to go through my gmail account each time as I have a @btinternet.com e-mail account which I used to sync the old phone for calendar appointments and which everyone uses to contact me. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Glad its sorted. Smiley Happy

You wont need to go through your gmail account in the manner you describe.  Providing your gmail account is synced [tick "sync data"] in settings and your contacts are saved on your phone as gmail contacts, every time you add/delete/update your contacts they will be updated on your gmail account [thus on your PC] and no matter how many phones you have in the future, those contacts will always be there providing you keep them in your gmail account [same with the phones calendar if you use google calendar].

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings