cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vinney22
Message 1 of 4

Moving Mobile Provider

Hi Everyone.

We use BT for our broadband and landline, but my mobile is with Virgin and the contract will be up in September. I'm thinking of moving to BT mobile as I will save money each month, but I want to be sure of the coverage. As I have a spare handset, I was thinking of ordering a new sim only deal just to try it out, but without changing my number. If I'm happy with the coverage can I then get a PAC code from Virgin and move my number over to BT, or does the number change have to be done at the start of the contract?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving Mobile Provider

Hi @Vinney22 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, you can use the PAC code process at any time during your contract to change your number and it doesn't have to be done immediately.

To add to this BT mobile uses the EE mobile network to provide your coverage and this is the same network that Virgin mobile use so I can't foresee any issues with coverage if you have no problems at the moment.

0 Ratings
Vinney22
Message 3 of 4

Hi NeilO,

Thanks for that. But I now have a minor problem that I think could be my handset then. I didn't know that BT Mobile uses the EE network so that eases my mind, so I'll go ahead and order a sim. But my problem now might be my handset. It is an iPhone X.  My daughter has said that she can't seem to call me on occasions but I simply put this down to the fact I work in a warehouse so all the metalwork affected reception. But then others said they have difficulty calling me. I've gone through Apple support and they remotely linked to my phone for diagnostics and said all was well! I don't think I can trust this handset. My other phone is an iphone7 so I'll try the sim in there and see how it performs. But thank you again for your advice.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
samuel79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

regarding the phone problem is to restore and wipe it to factory default via itunes then set it up as a new phone and see if the problems are still there but I suspect its your metal building problem.

As you know know BT piggys on the EE network as BT own EE but there signal because its a MNVO  is not the best they prioritise EE in my local area  and BT are left with the dregs imho and because of that the data can be slow and patch depending where you are. The £5 discount for broadband is not worth it there is beter deals out there

0 Ratings