cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Moving from BT to EE...porting numbers.

Hey all, came to the end of mine and my wifes mobile contracts with BT so phoned up to see what deals there were. The best available according to advisor was a 10GB plan on EE rather than sticking with BT so i changed both that. I was assured that we would be able to keep out numbers when moving across.

We've since received our EE sims and they have default mobile numbers assigned.

Just wondering what the next steps are to get our numbers ported over and ditch BT? We've currently got no data on our BT numbers which is pain so was hoping to get onto the 10GB plan sharpish.

I naively assumed it might be all automatic, but im guessing i need to phone BT or EE to sort...?

Cheers for any help.

Buz.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving from BT to EE...porting numbers.

Hi @Buztafen You need to get a PAC code from BT and provide it to EE in order to transfer the number over.

You can get a PAC from us, free of charge, by:
  1. Calling 0800 800 150.
  2. Logging in to My BT and going to Mobile > Thinking of leaving BT.
  3. Texting PAC to 65075.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Neil0.

Texting PAC doesnt work as there's multiple numbers on my account (mine and my wifes) so it seems i need to phone.
Also, i cant find the 'Thinking of leaving BT' anywhere on the 'MyBT' mobile page? I can view addons, bill, details of my phone, you name it!...but there's nothing for leaving.
Thanks again!
Buz.
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Buztafen I'm sorry about that, you'll need to call as the moderation team can't issue PAC codes, sorry.

When you get the PAC you can provide it to EE on this link and they'll organise the number transfer

Thanks 

Neil

Message 5 of 6

Ah no problem, thanks for the reply.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I have a similar issue.

Like with Buz above I cannot locate any link when I login to BT ID and then click on Mobile that says 'thinking of leaving BT'  if you want to request a PAC code online as per the online guidance.  Is it actually possible - where is that link?

Does someone at BT actually check their online instructions to ensure they match what their website actually has/does?

https://www.bt.com/help/mobile/how-do-i-get-a-pac-

0 Ratings