cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Moving from EE to BT Mobile

Called EE to request a PAC code. They basically said that as BT Mobile used the EE network they couldnt supply a PAC code because you couldnt port a number from EE to EE. (They also began to offer all sorts of offers to stay)

Clearly I wouuld like to keep the number that I have had for many years as it saves a lot of hassle but is this correct that I cant get a code to move my number across because it doesnt sit right. It is my number after all and been with me a lot of years over many Networks?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving from EE to BT Mobile

Hi @JohnRalston5

That’s a bit naughty, but whilst they are part of the same group they are two different companies. Regardless a company can not refuse you a PAC.

just say you want to leave and would like a PAC. They will give you it and then also text it. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Cheers.

I have tweeted them as well because they dont like bad press in public and see what they come back with

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

And got this

thanks for getting in touch. This is correct, you are unable to use a PAC code to port your number from one EE contract to another. I'd recommend calling our disconnections team back so they can run through other options to keep your number. Thanks, -JT

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

@JohnRalston5

You shouldn’t have to tweet them and you don’t have to tell there where you are going.

Be brave 😉 and just call them and say your want to leave and would like a PAC code. Just say you don’t know which company you want to go to yet but you want the code. 

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 6 of 6

I’ve moved my personal EE phone contract to BT Mobile using the PAC process. Just request a PAC again, sounds like human error to me on the EE side
BT TV expertSteveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings