Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 19

Moving from EE to BT mobile

Go to solution

Hi All

Been looking for a new SIM only deal for some time now. Currently pay £13 a month for 1Gb data with EE. BT now offer 20Gb for £15, so no brained to switch. I know I can order on line, but wasn’t sure of termination of EE contract. (Been with them for ages, so able to leave) 

Haven’t changed mobile providers for ages do not sure of process to switch, keeping same number etc.  Also my current payment is 23rd of month. Would that change on transfer?

(Also more seamless as BT own EE??)

Thanks for your time.

Tony

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Moving from EE to BT mobile

Go to solution

switching has never been easier

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switchi...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Longshanks0511
Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Feel as though I am writing to myself or a long lost relative.....!!

I can report from recent personal experience having made a similar switch around 6 months ago to the one you describe . I was out of contract with EE and attracted to the savings with BT and the opportunity to consolidate service providers/billing.  EE made the process painless enough - I had to speak to an adviser who tried the hard sell to retain my custom with a completely new package but in the end arranged for the essential PAC to be sent via SMS - and my handset accepted the new BT SIM without separate action to unlock it.

Note you should see no change - better or worse - in reception and coverage since BT and EE use the same network infrastructure.

Billing-wise the activation of the PAC (within a generous 4 week window) served also to close my EE account and I actually received a credit for the unused portion of my last month's subscription (so don't cancel the EE Direct Debit straight away). In terms of your BT billing/payment date, that's up to you to arrange and agree with BT; initially I was given an additional BT account number and billed separately with a standalone BT mobile Direct Debit, however that was later changed for me and I now have everything (Landline, Mobile, Broadband and TV) billed together - and visible together online.

I would check out the latest offers from BT but, depending on your other services, you could realise other benefits by consolidating. I got £5 pm BT Mobile discount as a BT Broadband customer and when I upgraded to Complete WiFi my BT Mobile data allowance doubled.  I previously had an EE loyalty discount (15% I think) which I obviously lost but that was far outweighed by the benefits of switching.

Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Thank you. V prompt and constructive replies. I’ll read the link, but hopefully all can be done online, without inevitable stress of ringing EE to cancel. Also assume BT would factor my existing BB deal into account during the ordering process?

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Longshanks 

Welcome back to the Community. 

When you access the "buy our services" section on bt.com the website will ask you to log in if you're already a BT customer. The website will then show you what deals are available to you.

Great post @Longshanks0511 

Matt

0 Ratings
Longshanks0511
Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

I tried to find a way to cancel EE online but failed. My sense is they make a phonecall a mandatory part of the cancellation process to give themselves one last chance of retaining you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

just send EE a text  https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/text-to...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 19

Re: Moving ffrom EE to BT mobile

Go to solution

Noted. Thanks again. Hope it’s as seamless as suggested. Much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Just sent text to EE. Got two auto responses. 

1. PAC code.

2. Warning that  I currently have a “data boost”, which I’ll lose if I switch. I only get 1Gb, but the MY EE app show my plan (2015)   is only 500mb. 

They gave me the extra data a few years back, but obviously not updated on app. The only other data boosts I could find were those you get when taking one of their BB deals. (Don’t have that)

Either way, think this data boost not relevant in my situation.

What do you think?

(Not going to ring them with all that entails)

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

I think the difference between 500mb and 1 Gb is that I get 500mb as a “free add on”.

0 Ratings